Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg to make Nationals season debut on Tuesday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Any time you can pitch your phenom ace as soon as possible after a debilitating injury during a September when you are about 30 games out of first place, you have to do it.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
See if the performance can be what is expected. I see a couple good starts before the effects of early mlb action come in to play. I personally feel like he needs more time to heal, and get his location, rotation, and consistency back up to 90% or better

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
James52411 said:
Any time you can pitch your phenom ace as soon as possible after a debilitating injury during a September when you are about 30 games out of first place, you have to do it.
Except that he is right on schedule.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Hallsgator said:
James52411 said:

I think scheduling him to pitch in the bigs this year is a stupid schedule. Keep him controlled in MiLB for the rest of the season, allow him the offseason to further strengthen his arm, and build up during Spring Training next year against MLB talent.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
stupid to risk it, but then again you have to make money filling up the stadium in order to pay Werth.

Kevin

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
Risk it in the minors or risk it in the majors. Pitchers pitch. Either he's ready for full game speed, or he's not. If he turns out to be extremely injury prone, better to find out sooner than later.

Wes

OG
Administrator
006-1.jpg

1306465742.jpg

002.jpg

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I don't understand anyone who is saying he is not ready to pitch again.....has he not been throwing high 90's lately? If he was not ready to pitch than I doubt he would be throwing with that kind of velocity.

I can't see him dominating this year though, because I am sure he will be limited in throwing breaking balls.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
James52411 said:
Hallsgator said:
James52411 said:

I think scheduling him to pitch in the bigs this year is a stupid schedule. Keep him controlled in MiLB for the rest of the season, allow him the offseason to further strengthen his arm, and build up during Spring Training next year against MLB talent.
He is on schedule from the rehab. It's the doctor's schedule, not the Natinals.

Pitcher's don't pitch any easier in the Minors than the Majors, don't understand that comment.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Hallsgator said:
James52411 said:
Hallsgator said:
James52411 said:

Pitcher's don't pitch any easier in the Minors than the Majors, don't understand that comment.
Agreed.

Plus, wasn't he actually ahead of schedule on his rehab?

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
scotty21690 said:
Hallsgator said:
James52411 said:
Hallsgator said:
James52411 said:

Agreed.

Plus, wasn't he actually ahead of schedule on his rehab?
Not really. It's just that TJ rehab has become so common, it has really been refined and is more efficient, quicker, and better than even two years ago.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Damn Wes, first I'm amazed by your Montero stash and now Strasburg too? This is a busy week for you.

I don't get why they are rushing him back, except to fill the seats.

Members online

Latest posts