Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Montero Callup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
013.jpg

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Dice-K Collector said:
Who'd they take off of the 40 man roster ?
I would have to think it's Justin Maxwell, Raul Valdez, Steve Garrison, or Laffey, though the last three being lefty relievers it's fully possible they keep them just for that fact. Though it's pretty obvious that Laffey just flat out sucks.

I'm just happy he's still a Yankee. I was worried he'd be dealt and mashing for someone else by this point.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
cmnkb8 said:
Wes said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

With that many cards, Montero is going to have to sustain some success in order to cash in well. I have a bunch of Pro Debut autos, Bowman Platinum, Chrome, and Sterling jersey autos-but the market is going to be absolutely flooded with Montero stuff. If he doesn't do much the first week or so, there isn't going to be that much money to be made for the base autos and such.

Graded 9.5's and rarer autos could do well-but moving a lot of base type autos may not be easy. It'd be nice to see him do something early on with the Yanks.

Wes

OG
Administrator
hail2thevictors said:
cmnkb8 said:
Wes said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

With that many cards, Montero is going to have to sustain some success in order to cash in well. I have a bunch of Pro Debut autos, Bowman Platinum, Chrome, and Sterling jersey autos-but the market is going to be absolutely flooded with Montero stuff. If he doesn't do much the first week or so, there isn't going to be that much money to be made for the base autos and such.

Graded 9.5's and rarer autos could do well-but moving a lot of base type autos may not be easy. It'd be nice to see him do something early on with the Yanks.

Agreed, I'm a believer in the talent. I didn't go "all in" for a one hit wonder.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Wes said:
hail2thevictors said:
cmnkb8 said:
Wes said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Agreed, I'm a believer in the talent. I didn't go "all in" for a one hit wonder.

Same here, brother. If he could start out raking, oh how sweet it would be. And if he somehow made the postseason roster-that would be amazing. Here's to hoping.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
matchpenalty said:
Wes, jdhunna and all other Montero fans are all walking around with pant tents today.

I guess this means Montero card buyers have pant tents pending.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Oh baby this is sweet. All it takes is one bomb.
My stash isn't as big as it used to be but its still stout.
25 Bgs 9.5 bc autos
gold blue xfr ref Bgs 9.5
3-bc Bgs 10's
Boatload of sterlings and parallel 9.5's

Jesusmontero

Mar 5, 2009
All my montero cards are back home (at college) and I didn't scan them all before I left ::facepalm:: I'll be able to sell the cards in my bucket if his cards take off but still ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts