Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Poll: Pujols or Howard for the same money

Based On 2006-2011, Paying either the same money, which player would you choose?

• Albert Pujols

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
A serious poll here, no joking or playing slamming from me, feel free if you must.
PujolsHowardcomp.jpg

thanks for your participation.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I was really surprised just how close Howard is to Pujols in those stats. Pujols has always been the better
hitter, but Howard has more HR's and RBI's.

My argument all along has always been that Pujols is what a lot of people call and will call the greatest player of his
generation, but here we are and Howard is comparable. I mean he strikes out a lot and the on base % isn't great, but
he actually has better run production than Albert and that says a lot. Howard also batted behind perhaps the greatest
power hitting 2nd basemen ever. There were plenty of RBI's taken away there, Pujols was basically the only guy who
could hit them out on this team.

Right now I would take Pujols if the money was equal (even though it isn't), but if Howard can lead the Phillies offense
to another world championship, then I would say Howard. I might also add that Albert seems a bit stuck up and Ryan
is a great guy off the field too, sort of in the same mold as a Tony Gwynn. You can't put a price on that.

Kevin

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
I was really surprised just how close Howard is to Pujols in those stats. Pujols has always been the better

My argument all along has always been that Pujols is what a lot of people call and will call the greatest player of his
generation, but here we are and Howard is comparable. I mean he strikes out a lot and the on base % isn't great, but
he actually has better run production than Albert and that says a lot. Howard also batted behind perhaps the greatest
power hitting 2nd basemen ever. There were plenty of RBI's taken away there, Pujols was basically the only guy who

Right now I would take Pujols if the money was equal (even though it isn't), but if Howard can lead the Phillies offense
to another world championship, then I would say Howard. I might also add that Albert seems a bit stuck up and Ryan
is a great guy off the field too, sort of in the same mold as a Tony Gwynn. You can't put a price on that.

Kevin

A non-troll posts. Those TA (trolls anonymous) meetings must really be working for you.

I disagree with you on most of it, but at least you don't come off as a troll!

Baby steps.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
markakis8 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

A non-troll posts. Those TA (trolls anonymous) meetings must really be working for you.

I disagree with you on most of it, but at least you don't come off as a troll!

Baby steps.

feel free to hit the ignore button pal.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:

You're really going to get insensitive after all the crap you've INTENTIONALLY posted to goat people?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
markakis8 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

You're really going to get insensitive after all the crap you've INTENTIONALLY posted to goat people?

if you have a prob with my posts why don't you just ignore them?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
markakis8 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

I think I've had a problem with like two of your posts ever. Hardly calls for me to foe you. Doesn't mean you aren't a troll. If you cut out that non sense, you could be a valued member here. I've seen you in non-troll mode (rare) and its respectable.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
markakis8 said:
schmidtfan20 said:
markakis8 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

I think I've had a problem with like two of your posts ever. Hardly calls for me to foe you. Doesn't mean you aren't a troll. If you cut out that non sense, you could be a valued member here. I've seen you in non-troll mode (rare) and its respectable.

so you have a small problem with me and decide to derail a topic that the OP specifically says not to? I would rather hear
more on why you think I am wrong.

Thanks
Kevin

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
so you have a small problem with me and decide to derail a topic that the OP specifically says not to? I would rather hear
more on why you think I am wrong.

Thanks
Kevin

The second people read this thread, they KNOW you are going to be involved b/c of all your nonsense in the past. Look at what someone posted a few posts above. I'd be willing to bet they had no one else on their mind but you when they posted "thanks for creating another pujols vs. howard thread..."

Anyway, you are right, I derailed the thread. My apologies. Carry on.

I would choose Pujols.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Production wise it's almost a wash so I could flip a coin and be happy with that, but Pujols is a much more marketable, loved, and revered player. Pujols would put more fans in the seat and that would make him the clear choice in my book. Plus I believe Pujols is just a more rounded player as well.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
pujols5hof said:
A serious poll here, no joking or playing (should have said player) slamming from ME, feel free if you must.thanks for your participation.

trolling doesnt bother me, neither does calling people on it either, go on, hijack to your heart's content, both of you!

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

Saying Pujols 'is the only guy on his team that can knock them in' makes the argument for Pujols as the superior player. He has no one else in his line-up, so rarely gets pitched to, with little to no protection.

I bet if you polled 100 MLB pitchers, both righties and lefties, and asked who they would rather face with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth, up by a run, Howard would get 95% of their vote. If Pujols knows you have to throw him a strike, he crushes.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I'd choose Pujols 24/7, 365 days of the year.

Howard is a very good player, but he is obviously nowhere close to Pujols, even with his ability to hit for power and drive in runs.

Have this discussion 25 years ago and maybe Howard has a case of being comparable to Pujols, but with all the numbers geeks around in 2011, they've debunked the idea that Howard is anything but a mediocre MLB player WAY TOO OVERPAID.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Saying Pujols 'is the only guy on his team that can knock them in' makes the argument for Pujols as the superior player.
He has no one else in his line-up, so rarely gets pitched to, with little to no protection.
No one else in the lineup?
Heard of Lance Berkman (30 hr 81 rbi) and Matt Holliday (21 hr 71 rbi)?
Still, of course, Pujols is the far better player than Howard.

Members online

Latest posts