Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
birdsfan85 said:
A little of both. Hoping to ge a few thousand out of everything I have set aside to sell. Going to put some towards the National next year and some towards putting a deck on my house.

Nice! Decks are awesome. Put a grill and some lounge chairs out there and you are set!
Yeah I bought this house from my parents a year ago this month so there are plenty of things on the list of improvements I'd like to make but that's a slow process.

I know you are in PA but do you ever make it down to the Chantilly,VA show?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
birdsfan85 said:
markakis8 said:
birdsfan85 said:
A little of both. Hoping to ge a few thousand out of everything I have set aside to sell. Going to put some towards the National next year and some towards putting a deck on my house.

Nice! Decks are awesome. Put a grill and some lounge chairs out there and you are set!
Yeah I bought this house from my parents a year ago this month so there are plenty of things on the list of improvements I'd like to make but that's a slow process.

I know you are in PA but do you ever make it down to the Chantilly,VA show?

I've never actually been to a show outside PA :oops: National is in Baltimore next year, right? I might save up and hit that one.

Do you frequent the Chantilly show?

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah next year is in Baltimore. I go to pretty much every Chantilly show I have missed 1 or 2 in 3 years.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Good Morning you Free-loaders
Man it is windy and alot cooler here today. Seems the wife wants to close the pool today since it is not going to
be over 75 degrees here for the week, so she says it is time. :( Oh well I know it was coming but I hoped it was not until
say the middle to the end of this month like last year.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Pine Tar said:
Good Morning you Free-loaders
Man it is windy and alot cooler here today. Seems the wife wants to close the pool today since it is not going to
be over 75 degrees here for the week, so she says it is time. :( Oh well I know it was coming but I hoped it was not until
say the middle to the end of this month like last year.

Weather feels awesome here :mrgreen: Great sleeping weather!

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Good Morning.

My win from last night. [ebay:2bd9uvbu]190569940416[/ebay:2bd9uvbu]

I will look nice next to this one.
t206front.jpg
T206Back.jpg

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
birdsfan85 said:
Nice Josh, Are you going for all his backs and how many does he have?

I think 3 or 4 different backs. I might go after all of them someday. Lower grades of course. That same picture is also on several different issues too. If what I think is a good deal pops up and pul the trigger. :lol:

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
Ok just won both of these, weren't exactly at the price I wanted but still cheaper then Mays is now at shows. Looks like I have 2 new cards to work on finishing.

$(KGrHqYOKpsE4jL0cdG,BOVUdzGVo!~~48_3.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!i8E4sEfbUu-BOVUvvS02Q~~48_3.JPG

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Laporta has only been back at AAA for 2 games but has a homer and is batting .444. Why the hell can't he hit in the majors...

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Morning all.

Actually rained last night with thunder/lightning. Thought that was reserved for you people in the other parts of the country... :?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Ty Hope said:
Laporta has only been back at AAA for 2 games but has a homer and is batting .444. Why the hell can't he hit in the majors...

There is a HUGE adjustment to make at each level and the one from AAA to MLB is clearly the biggest adjustment to make.

Some people just cannot adjust.

LaPorta still has time, but his clock is running out.

Look at Alex Gordon, he has adjusted nicely, and it took him like 4 years.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
and after those 2 purchases i can't wait for my ebay bucks. Bill me later has bonus ebay bucks going on right now so I will just pay those 2 cards off and got $37 in ebay bucks from buying them. :D up to $67 and some change which is by far the highest amount I've ever had.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
birdsfan85 said:
and after those 2 purchases i can't wait for my ebay bucks. Bill me later has bonus ebay bucks going on right now so I will just pay those 2 cards off and got $37 in ebay bucks from buying them. :D up to $67 and some change which is by far the highest amount I've ever had.

Nice! I'm by far the highest I've ever been as well. I think the highest I ever had was like $24 and change. I'm up to $98.70 :shock:

Will be looking for a nice lot to breakdown a flip with that. But VERY tempted just to put it towards a case of my favorite product - Finest.

Members online

Latest posts