Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best deal on ebay ever?? Puckett First Pitch Preview for $7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
JEA2880 said:
Someone needs to provide some context, I don't know what these cards are :oops:

Just a very rare parallel of the 1996 Aficionado Series (1st 100 cards), only available as a Web Issued Redemption (at the time time Internet wasn't that big). Some player collector's have never seen their particular player (Vizquel, Juan Gonzalez) and others have paid $200 to $400 for their player, even the lesser name players usually bring $10 to $25. Puckett is probably one of the top players in the set, so seller left a good chunk of money on the table. Even on a bad day, the Puckett is probably worth $150. A Griffey sold for $350 a year or two ago. Deals are out there though. McGwire sold recently for less than $40. I'm just jealous of the buyer that won. I would have loved to score a deal like that.

Jan 14, 2009
The guy who won it is a huge Puckett/Error/Promo/Oddball collector. Nice guy and total sharpshooter with rare stuff, I have no idea how he does it!

He's also one of the guys who found the uncut sheets of 1990 Upper Deck Mike Witt cards!

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
jacksoncoupage said:
The guy who won it is a huge Puckett/Error/Promo/Oddball collector. Nice guy and total sharpshooter with rare stuff, I have no idea how he does it!

He's also one of the guys who found the uncut sheets of 1990 Upper Deck Mike Witt cards!
GOOD for him!!

I'd rather see an actual PLAYER collector snag that beauty then someone (buying oddball/rare 90's *****) just wanting to scoop it up to gang-rape the real player collectors in need!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Russ S. said:
jacksoncoupage said:

GOOD for him!!

I'd rather see an actual PLAYER collector snag that beauty then someone (buying oddball/rare 90's *****) just wanting to scoop it up to gang-rape the real player collectors in need!

Russ, what fun is that. You should scoop up cards and offer them on ebay for a bagillion times over value, then at some point the ebay market will catch up top your price.

BTW, a member here inquired about this card about 6-months ago and offered $150 for one.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
there really are people who must hit refresh as a business 14-18 hrs a day.
ive tried it for 30 minutes and got sick of it. But it works for some people.

autocut

wolters03 said:
autocut said:
That's still trumped by the guy who sold a 2001 Donruss Signature Nolan Ryan Significant Signatures Auto SP for $5. BV: $250. Flipped it for about $140.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180689640672

How exactly does that trump this??? This guy won the Puckett for $7 and if he does flip it will bring in around $250. Not sure how a profit of $135 is better than a profit of $240?!

we'll see "if" he flips it.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Russ S. said:
jacksoncoupage said:

GOOD for him!!

As a rare 90's ***** myself, I would have scooped it up to flip in a heartbeat. I gotta sell cards to buy more! If it sells, I'm not sure how that's a gang rape, or any other kind of rape - especially if it's an auction.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
RustyGreerFan said:
Russ S. said:
jacksoncoupage said:

GOOD for him!!

As a rare 90's ***** myself, I would have scooped it up to flip in a heartbeat. I gotta sell cards to buy more! If it sells, I'm not sure how that's a gang rape, or any other kind of rape - especially if it's an auction.

Agreed 100%. Anyone who would have seen that listing and didn't buy it, is foolish. Collecting Will Clark is very expensive and anything I can do to offset the price of Clark cards is bonus. I choose to invest in superstars rather than prospecting and it usually pays off. Passing on a $7 Puckett First Pitch Preview is just nuts, but I'm sure it was only on ebay a few minutes before it got picked up, so I would have had no chance at it.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I know two or three guys who would probably fight each other for this card....even at 200 bucks. One of the great eBay steals for sure.

Latest posts