Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 1991 Upper Deck Hologram Variations Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nowhereman317

Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I've never heard of any 89 UD hologram variations, at least in terms of being printed with other hologram foils. That's probably because, I think, UD only had one holo foil available to print with at that time.

But I have seen several instances where the 89 UD holograms were not fully printed. For example, only half the diamond-shaped hologram was printed. Or even where no hologram foil made it onto the card at all.

I also have a few examples where the design of the 1989 UD hologram foil varies between cards. On most cards the hologram design contains text with a baseball pattern in the background. However on some cards the baseball background is very faint, or even nonexistent. I think that's the same hologram pattern though, just with printing differences that minimize the baseball patterns.

I'm in search of quite a few Ryno variations. I've had no luck in finding them the good old fashioned way (checking every card on COMC).

I have 132 with 1990 baseball's holo

apswann

Feb 6, 2023
Chicago
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I figured that maybe someone here could help me find these 1991 UD hologram variations. These all are related to Carlton Fisk. Fisk was on seven different cards in the set...and I still need 12 of the possible 35 total variations for my Fisk collection. Not sure if they all exist, but I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me get a little closer to the finish line.

Thanks in advance!

WANTED 1991 UD Hologram Variations:

White Sox Checklist (Fisk) #29 - 1990 Comic Ball
White Sox Checklist (Fisk) #29 - 1992 Baseball - Diamonds
Jay Buhner (Fisk on Back) #128 - 1990-91 Hockey
Jay Buhner (Fisk on Back) #128 - 1992 Baseball - Diamonds
Jack McDowell (Fisk on Back) #323 - 1992 Baseball - Diamonds
Lance Parrish (Fisk on Front) #552 - 1990 Comic Ball
Lance Parrish (Fisk on Front) #552 - 1992 Baseball - Diamonds
Edgar Martinez (Fisk on Back) #574 - 1990 Comic Ball
Edgar Martinez (Fisk on Back) #574 - 1992 Baseball - Diamonds
Carlton Fisk #643 - 1990 Comic Ball
Carlton Fisk #643 - 1992 Baseball - Diamonds
Ground Breaking (Fisk/Ventura) #677 - 1992 Baseball - Diamonds

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So enough scans have now been uploaded to TCDB that member BigEd76 was able to do a little analysis and create a summary of what variations exist for each card. It's not 100% comprehensive or conclusive for the entire set, but it's the best summary I've seen yet. So if you want to know what hologram variations exist - or likely exist - for any given card, click here:

Members online

Latest posts