Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official ALCS Thread: Tigers/Rangers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Bad news for the Tigers, Delmon Young is out for the ALCS. He had a Hot bat going.

Good news is not having to watch 5,000 commercials for Conan and Family Guy.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I understand Texas lawmakers are currently trying to pass a bill making Verlander's pitches illegal.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
I understand Texas lawmakers are currently trying to pass a bill making Verlander's pitches illegal.

He better be careful. If he gets a speeding ticket they might execute him.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Jaypers said:

They may be waiting to see if he gets a little bit better control here.

Jackson needs to be a little less lackadaisical. That could have cost them some.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
so through 4, verlander has 14 more pitches than wilson. They both looked bad to begin with but wilson seems to have settled in.

How long will both of them last?

verlander through 6?
wilson through 7?

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
with an hour to 2 hour rain delay I believe texas takes the advantage with ogando. We was placed in the all star game as a starter.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
sheetskout said:
A.J. Pierzynski is a complete trainwreck on the broadcast.

I'm really liking Francona. Sooooo much better than Tim McKnucklehead who apparently will be back for game 3.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
they're showing the game here in semo.
then they say the words i dont wanna hear
"oliver warming up in the bullpen" :lol:

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I guess Jim Leyland didn't feel like trying to tie it in the 9th. He pinch runs Danny Worth for Santiago(when Worth is no faster than Santiago), then pinch hits Betemit who now has struck out his last 3 AB, on a total of 9 pitches-all with swinging 3rd strikes when it's a ball.

Then he leaves Jackson in to hit, when he's looked lost against righties, let alone a guy throwing high 90s.

As a Tigers fan, it's hard to watch these guys swing at so many balls. The umpire had one of the smallest strike zones you will see, but you wouldn't know that by watching Betemit, Jackson, and Raburn. Feliz probably actually threw 5 pitches that would have been called strikes.

But, we have to move on and hope Max Scherzer can bring it like last Game 2. And our bats need to wake up.

Members online

Latest posts