Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

this week's hot list is live!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Is it true one person is buying up all the Josh Bells?

If so.... sounds like the Mark Teixeira guy who was paying over $100 for his jersey RC.... once he stopped... they never hit that mark again.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Damn, too bad I missed the "suggestions" post last night or else I would have suggested the new Cowboys starting RB DeMarco Murray for the hotlist! :benson:

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
So J.P. tries to buy up all of the Josh Bell cards, then suggests that the card be included on the hot list?
And you oblige him. That's hilarious. Talk about trying to influence what others see as "hot". Well done.

Also, I'm just one collector but the Topps redemptions (that a 3-yr old made) don't bother me. As long as the code works when I type it into their website, I'm happy.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
carlitoson said:
So J.P. tries to buy up all of the Josh Bell cards, then suggests that the card be included on the hot list?
And you oblige him. That's hilarious. Talk about trying to influence what others see as "hot". Well done.

Also, I'm just one collector but the Topps redemptions (that a 3-yr old made) don't bother me. As long as the code works when I type it into their website, I'm happy.

Rigged more than the NBA Draft. Also more concise write ups would be appreciated.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
afrobandit said:
carlitoson said:

Rigged more than the NBA Draft. Also more concise write ups would be appreciated.

Paranoid and ungrateful in just two sentences, well played!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Phil, go ahead and take down the Bell portion of your Hot Sheet and replace it with someone more worthy.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Wow, Josh Bell was #9 on the list. After seeing the complaints, I thought he would have been #1, and I still wouldn't have understood the whining.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Jaypers said:
Phil, go ahead and take down the Bell portion of your Hot Sheet and replace it with someone more worthy.

Stop. You don't have to play along because these idiots have some stupid conspiracy theory. If they had a clue who Josh Bell was outside of the O's farmhand, they would understand the fanfare.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Jaypers said:

I wouldn't. His base card is light years ahead in price versus any other player in the set. Part of it is the Mega SP and the other part may be the possibility that he's not in BCDP. People are listing the card at a certain price level with the SP knowledge and they're selling all day long at $60.

The person that picked the first one up at $15.99 must be really happy.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
manningmurphyfan said:
Jaypers said:

I wouldn't. His base card is light years ahead in price versus any other player in the set. Part of it is the Mega SP and the other part may be the possibility that he's not in BCDP. People are listing the card at a certain price level with the SP knowledge and they're selling all day long at $60.

The person that picked the first one up at $15.99 must be really happy.

Mega Short Print SSPs work in Contenders because of set collectors....and Contenders has been around for a while and people know that next year Contenders will be released again. Until Leaf establishes itself in the market I just dont see this card holding that price.... only time will tell.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
afrobandit said:
carlitoson said:

lol, thanked

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
afrobandit said:
carlitoson said:

You are an idiot.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
My apologies to J.P. and Phil. I shouldn't have put that out there.

I try to be better than that. :(

Members online

Latest posts