Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
If anyone is looking for Curt Schilling base/inserts/parallels, let me know. I left the hobby a while ago but still have a decent amount of stuff. I still have a few rarer cards as well. I'm only looking to sell at this point. Thanks!

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
WoundedDuck said:
If any of you have Upton doubles or cards that you want to part with, let me know. I've got a bunch of Upton doubles and other stuff and am always up for trading for things I need.

I'll let you know if I come across anything extra, I'm always up for getting rid of my doubles as well. I have too much as it is.

That ballot box is really cool, definitely would've picked up one for $20 if I had been there. Very unique piece, you definitely don't see that every day. Still kind of upset I missed it this year, I'm going to have to make up for it next year.
I've never heard of that card shop, but Mesa is about the only city in the Phoenix area I never get to so I'm not surprised. Do they have any reasonable prices on singles?

DBacks08

Sep 21, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
nkdbacks said:
That ballot box is really cool, definitely would've picked up one for $20 if I had been there. Very unique piece, you definitely don't see that every day. Still kind of upset I missed it this year, I'm going to have to make up for it next year.
I've never heard of that card shop, but Mesa is about the only city in the Phoenix area I never get to so I'm not surprised. Do they have any reasonable prices on singles?

Thanks. I was really surprised I was able to get one. I figured that would be the sort of think people would get quickly. But even though I had to wait out the season ticket holders to get in and wade through hundreds of people at the Yard Sale, there were still about 10 left when I grabbed my ticket to get one. I was stoked!

Yes, HCSC has decent prices on singles, though outside of commons and set-filler stuff, they don't have tons of higher end stuff. Pretty much all their commons/inserts are $.10 each. Rookies and better players are like $.25-$1.00. They have four cases full of high-end cards and vintage. But they do a really big majority of singles sales on Ebay. Most of their sales in the store itself are boxes/packs. They also have a great auction at noon on Saturdays, which is totally worth it to go to if you get a chance.

DBacks08

Sep 21, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
wolfmanalfredo said:
My favorite Twin is now a Dback, and I'm expecting a huge year out of Kubel. Is anyone in AZ excited with the addition?

As I understand it, Kubel is supposed to be replacing 2011 Gold Glove winner in left field Gerardo Parra, a fan favorite. I question the decision by the management. So, excited? Not so much, yet.... But we shall see how he meshes with the team.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I collect Stephen Drew
drewsuper.jpg

I also collect Kelly Johnson, but he's no longer with the team

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
DBacks08 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
My favorite Twin is now a Dback, and I'm expecting a huge year out of Kubel. Is anyone in AZ excited with the addition?

As I understand it, Kubel is supposed to be replacing 2011 Gold Glove winner in left field Gerardo Parra, a fan favorite. I question the decision by the management. So, excited? Not so much, yet.... But we shall see how he meshes with the team.

Well he's probably not going to win gold gloves, but he is a very good defender, and has an accurate cannon on him. I expect .300 avg, 100 RBI, 25-35 HR in 2012. Those are all within what Kubel is able to do. I think when you guys see what he is capable of, you'll feel good that he's on your team. I hope he has a huge year for Arizona

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
wolfmanalfredo said:
DBacks08 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

Well he's probably not going to win gold gloves, but he is a very good defender, and has an accurate cannon on him. I expect .300 avg, 100 RBI, 25-35 HR in 2012. Those are all within what Kubel is able to do. I think when you guys see what he is capable of, you'll feel good that he's on your team. I hope he has a huge year for Arizona

I have pretty high hopes for him. It's less that people
Don't believe in his skills and mOre the fact that he could potentially take time away from a guy fans really like. I'm interested to see how they get both guys playing time because Kevin Towers has said parra will get a lot of AB's.

Abracadaver

Jan 30, 2011
Eureka, CA
Hey guys,
I don't collect the diamondbacks but I really like how they are building the team. When I bought my first pack in 2010 to get back into the hobby it was out of Platinum and my two big hits were a little known guy(at the time) without a position named Goldschmidt and I also pulled a red of Brian Johnson. Thus lighting the crack pipe and starting this addiction. When Goldie blew up I was happy and bought a little as I could but I pulled the last one the other day.

2010BowmanPlatinumPaulGoldschmidt-1.jpg

2011BowmanChromePaulGoldschmidtAuto.jpg

And here is the last one that I pulled Super Bowl sunday...

2011BowmanChromePaulGoldschmidtBlueAuto.jpg

ahh what the heck I'll show off the Brian Johnson to complete the story. Thanks. You guys have CRAZY collections.

2010BowmanPlatinumBrianJohnson-1.jpg

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
Sooooo, I might have bought a new scanner and done some new scanning this weekend. I'm about 1/10 of the way through doing what I'm planning on doing...

I wasn't going to fill this thread up with a ton of scans so please click on the links to see them in photo bucket...

Printing Plates (21 total):
http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z87/ ... ?start=all

2007 Exquisite Collection (32 total):

2010 Triple Threads (12 total): Just finished the Auto Relic Rainbow by adding the #/10 version a couple months ago:
http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z87/ ... 20Threads/

I've got a bunch more to do and when I finish I will make sure to post the links here...

Thanks, KD

DBacks08

Sep 21, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
bballjunky24 said:
Sooooo, I might have bought a new scanner and done some new scanning this weekend. I'm about 1/10 of the way through doing what I'm planning on doing...

I wasn't going to fill this thread up with a ton of scans so please click on the links to see them in photo bucket...

Printing Plates (21 total):

2007 Exquisite Collection (32 total):

2010 Triple Threads (12 total): Just finished the Auto Relic Rainbow by adding the #/10 version a couple months ago:
http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z87/ ... 20Threads/

I've got a bunch more to do and when I finish I will make sure to post the links here...

Thanks, KD

Wow! Love the 2007 A&G printing plate! And you have one of the GQ mini plates I've been trying to find FOREVER lol!

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
DBacks08 said:
Pastretta said:
Anyone go out to Salt River yet? Any luck?

Salt River's not open to the public until tomorrow (Monday) for the first Spring workout.

I've never gone out to workouts (and I still don't know if I'll have the time this year), but where are the best places to go for autographs at SRF?

DBacks08

Sep 21, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
WoundedDuck said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120865496735?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2028wt_922

I was going to wait till these came in to post but I'm too damn excited. :D

My first pieces of memorabilia.

Sweet, man! I'm hoping to get Upton's auto this weekend out at Spring Training!

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Anybody gotten any autographs this spring yet? I'm hoping to get out there on my Spring Break starting the 17th, so we will see what comes out of that.

Otherwise just wanted to show off the 2011 Topps Chrome Superfractor set I finally completed. I've been looking for the Young for a while and it finally popped up, so I have all the D-backs in the set from 2011 now.

2011Superfractors.jpg

Chris Young, Justin Upton, Joe Paterson RC

Otherwise just focusing on the Daniel Hudson collection now, hopefully will get that posted up soon.

DBacks08

Sep 21, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
nkdbacks said:
Anybody gotten any autographs this spring yet? I'm hoping to get out there on my Spring Break starting the 17th, so we will see what comes out of that.

Otherwise just wanted to show off the 2011 Topps Chrome Superfractor set I finally completed. I've been looking for the Young for a while and it finally popped up, so I have all the D-backs in the set from 2011 now.

2011Superfractors.jpg

Chris Young, Justin Upton, Joe Paterson RC

Otherwise just focusing on the Daniel Hudson collection now, hopefully will get that posted up soon.

I hate you so much! :D

DBacks08

Sep 21, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
So, I'm wondering if anyone has the 2011 Topps Chrome Mark Reynolds Canary 1/1... I really need it for my rainbow. I have all 11 of the others, including the superfractor, and I'm putting together a cool display case for the set. If anyone can help me out, I would be happy to work out a great trade!

Thanks!