Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I know we don't have a huge population of D-backs collectors, but I know we at least have some people who collect Upton, Johnson, Chris Young, etc. At the very least we have a good farm system to discuss. I always love when people do these threads for their player or team, and I'd love to see even more around here.

So if anyone wants to show off any D-backs they have, I know I'd like to see them.

I'll start with my last month or so of mail days, will probably update every couple weeks, at least once a month. I've just recently started uploading my cards to my photobucket account so if anyone wants to see what I have up so far, feel free to check it out. Disclaimer, our scanner has lost its life so these pictures are taken with my digital camera and may be crooked. Still have 1000's of cards to scan, will get to it eventually.
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k503/nkdbacks/

Here are some recent highlights:
2011ToppsChrome01SuperfractorJustinUpton.jpg
2011ToppsChrome01GoldRefractorJustinUpton.jpg

Justin Upton 1/1, /50

2003SweetSpotBatBarrelsCurtSchilling.jpg

Curt Schilling 1/1

2011BowmanChrome01CanaryDiamondRefractorDanielHudson.jpg
2011BowmanChromeDraftCanaryDiamondRefractorJoePaterson.jpg

Daniel Hudson and Joe Paterson 1/1

2011ToppsLineage60thAnniversaryJumboPatchJustinUpton.jpg

Justin Upton/5

2011ToppsMarqueeMuseumCollectionAutographChrisYoung.jpg

Chris Young/10, my first Museum Collection, I've read everyones opinion on these and you guys weren't kidding, they are beyond awesome. Can't even comprehend what the Koufax must be like.

2009UDUltimateCollectionJumboPatchChrisYoung.jpg

Chris Young/35

2011ToppsMarqueeTitanicThreadsAutographJerseyDanielHudson.jpg

Daniel Hudson/10

2002LeafCertifiedMirrorEmeraldPatchLuisGonzalez.jpg

Luis Gonzalez/5

2007ToppsChrome01RedRefractorAutographMiguelMontero.jpg

Miguel Montero/25

2006BowmanSterlingGoldRefractorStephenDrew.jpg

Stephen Drew/10

2011BowmanChromeDraftBlueRefractorPaulGoldschmidt.jpg
2011BowmanChrome01OrangeRefractorChrisYoung.jpg

Paul Goldschmidt/199, Chris Young/25

2008UDBaseballHeroesLightBluePatchChrisYoung.jpg
2003FleerPatchworksTier2PatchCurtSchilling.jpg

Chris Young/25, Curt Schilling/100

2008ToppsFinestWhiteFramedXfractorBillyBucker.jpg
2008ToppsFinestGoldXfractorJustinUpton.jpg

Billy Buckner 1/1, Justin Upton/25 (though we all know this may as well be /3 or /4, so few sets were redeemed)

And 2 late 90's parallels, I've become addicted to late '90s, early '00s parallels after seeing all the threads here.
1998Pinnacle01ArtistsProofGoldKarimGarcia.jpg
1999FleerBrilliantsGoldToddStottlemyre.jpg

Karim Garcia/100 (best known here in AZ for being traded to Detroit for cash and some guy named Luis Gonzalez), Todd Stottlemyre/99

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
My jaw just hit the floor. Those are awesome danimals!! I hope to one day own a blue auto but for now the refractors /500 are the most affordable deal for my college student budget :)

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I think you might need a few more Trevor Bauer's there!

Love Bauer and all the D-backs prospects, but I'm wary of buying prospects anymore. I've wasted a lot of money in the past on people who haven't produced when I could have spent on players I liked better and contributed to the team. I have far too much of Jesus Cota, Scott Hairston, Sergio Santos, etc. If they end up doing well in the future I will buy then, but for now I think I'm going to limit it to one card of each prospect just to have something of them.

AZbaseballfan, love the Gonzo patch/auto, I have one myself. A lot of nice cards came out of that set in 2004.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Great stuff fellas! I'll post some when I get a chance...

But now I feel I should pick up more before I post 'em. :lol:

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
MOFNY said:
Ah so you bought the Daniel Hudson BC Canary Diamond. I'll show off some of my Hudson collection:

I did, it was BIN for only $40 so I didn't see how I couldn't. I have the Super from this year as well, and it cost me nearly $120 at auction. I was shocked it went that high, so I wasn't going to miss out on the Canary for 2/3 of the price. Hudson seems to have a fairly decent following out there.

Love the Red autographs, the Allen & Ginter is a beauty. I don't know if you've seen the auction for the Hudson Bowman Sterling lot that has the Red base, purple base, Black Auto and a couple others. I'd love to get that lot but the seller has listed it probably 7 times now, usually at $159. Don't think its really worth that, and I think he recently relisted it for $179. Hoping he comes to his senses at some point.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
nkdbacks, are you still picking up webb stuff? If so, hit me up I may have some stuff for you...

Finished my Mark Reynolds TTT rainbow this year.
1/1 white whale
1/1 wood
1/1 platinum
#/10 patch (took me longer to get that one that the 1/1s)
#/25
#/50
#/75
#/99
003.jpg

Also picked up a pair of Daniel Hudson game worn cleats, just haven't had time to load a pic to my bucket.

4 new game used mark reynolds bats to go with my RC year auto'd bat...
011.jpg

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Not even close to you guys but I'll share anyway:

2003 Edgar Gonzalez GU Jersey
DSC02616.jpg

2007 Edgar Gonzalez GU Training Jersey
DSC02127.jpg

DSC04624.jpg

Diamondbackspic.jpg

EdgarGonzalez2003BowmanChromeGol-1.jpg

EdgarGonzalez2003DonrussElite.jpg

2004PlayoffPrestigeautos.jpg

EdgarGonzalez207Toppsprintingplates.jpg

EdgarGonzalez2007UDprintingplates.jpg

DSC05119.jpg

LuisGonzalez.jpg

PaulGoldschmidt.jpg

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
Here are a few from my montero collection. I love the last one since they used a pic I took for the card. I also have 5 or so 8 x 10s a game used bat and signed ball from Miguel.

scan0037.jpg

scan0072.jpg

scan0031.jpg

scan0033.jpg

scan0062.jpg

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
bballjunky, I am, though I've lost a bit of enthusiasm for that in the last year. Its been a long 3 years for Webb. I'll PM you in a second.

Arturo, that looks like quite a lot to me! Love the jerseys, I picked up my first full GU Jersey this past year, they are very cool items. Hoping to frame mine nicely some day.

Love the Montero Super as well, definitely one of my favorite on the team. Always makes me laugh during interviews.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
nkdbacks said:
MOFNY said:
Ah so you bought the Daniel Hudson BC Canary Diamond. I'll show off some of my Hudson collection:

I did, it was BIN for only $40 so I didn't see how I couldn't. I have the Super from this year as well, and it cost me nearly $120 at auction. I was shocked it went that high, so I wasn't going to miss out on the Canary for 2/3 of the price. Hudson seems to have a fairly decent following out there.

Love the Red autographs, the Allen & Ginter is a beauty. I don't know if you've seen the auction for the Hudson Bowman Sterling lot that has the Red base, purple base, Black Auto and a couple others. I'd love to get that lot but the seller has listed it probably 7 times now, usually at $159. Don't think its really worth that, and I think he recently relisted it for $179. Hoping he comes to his senses at some point.
I've talked to the seller a few times, trying to get a lower price. It's obviously not worth that much at this point.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
nkdbacks said:
bballjunky, I am, though I've lost a bit of enthusiasm for that in the last year. Its been a long 3 years for Webb. I'll PM you in a second.

Arturo, that looks like quite a lot to me! Love the jerseys, I picked up my first full GU Jersey this past year, they are very cool items. Hoping to frame mine nicely some day.

Love the Montero Super as well, definitely one of my favorite on the team. Always makes me laugh during interviews.

Thanks for the kind comments!
From whom was the jersey you got?

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
r2d2 said:
nkdbacks said:

Thanks for the kind comments!
From whom was the jersey you got?

It was a Chris Snyder Auto/GU Jersey. Got it at the D-backs fanfest last year. Hoping to pick up another next year as well. The FanFest is always great for cheap GU stuff. Have 3 hats (Snyder, Tony Clark, Chris Young) and a couple batting helmets as well. They don't say who they are, but you can still see where they peeled off the players numbers. Based on the year they came from, mine are #17 for Brandon Webb and #10 for Justin Upton. Can't go wrong with those 2!

Members online

No members online now.