Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Goldschmidt is headed back to Phoenix for MRI.

f. f f f f f f.

Goldschmidt, who is expected to return to Los Angeles on Tuesday following the MRI, tried multiple times to talk his way into the lineup Monday, but was rebuffed by manager Torey Lovullo.

Lovullo said the situation was "not a huge concern at this point" and Goldschmidt said he first began noticing the discomfort or stiffness back at the beginning of the team's recent homestand, which started Aug. 25.

"It's not constant or anything," Goldschmidt said. "Sometimes there's some pain, but nothing that I haven't been playing with. I don't really feel it during the game, when it's already warmed up and you're out there, whether that's the adrenaline or the intensity of the game. I can feel it in the morning and stuff, being a little sore or whatever -- I don't even know if that's the right word to describe it. Once it gets warmed up it's fine and I'm good to go."

"I don't know exactly what they're going to be looking for," Goldschmidt said of the MRI. "Whatever happens, I'm pretty confident I can play. It's been getting better every day but it hasn't gone away now for a week or so. As long as it doesn't get worse, it hasn't affected me."

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/252436176/d-backs-paul-goldschmidt-has-injured-elbow/

From the sound of the article it doesn't sound like anything serious but as a natural pessimist I'll assume Goldy & Lovullo are downplaying the seriousness of the situation & continue to worry until the results are reported.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Hope the crow was tasty, and let's hope this Goldy thing is nothing more than a checkup.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I just wish Robbie Ray wasn't on the opposing team in my fantasy league, during the playoffs nonetheless. The guy also has Carlos Martinez who put up a complete game shutout tonight.

I may have 6 days left to attempt a comeback but he just put up a huge lead I don't think I can recover from. And if I can't, I'm out for the year.