Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Living 1969 Mets TTM Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
As some may know, I'm a collector of 1969 Mets cards, memorabilia and autographs. I recently decided to try and obtain auto's on 1969 Topps cards of the '69 Mets who are still with us. Between several different websites, I was able to get the addresses so I gathered up some of my extra '69 topps cards, wrote a short note to the players and sent them out.
Within 9 days, I started receiving responses. I currently have received an auto on every card I've sent out. One was personalized and one player sent back a lesser quality card but what the heck, it was signed. Here are the pictures:
001-27.jpg
001-31.jpg
001-25.jpg

001-22.jpg
001-21.jpg
002-10.jpg

001-24.jpg
001-23.jpg

This is a member of the coaching staff who signed TTM:
yost-1.jpg

All in all, I've enjoyed the project so far and look forward to collecting the rest and updating this thread with my successes. :D

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Pine Tar said:
Is Bud Harrelson the one they call Hawk and is he the Whitesox announcer :?:
That's Ken Harrelson who played for the White Sox. Bud Harrelson is a coach and part owner of the Long Island Ducks, an unaffiliated minor league baseball team.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Dave, a suggestion, but if you want something really unique, you should print up questionaires about the 1969 season and send them off to the living guys as well.

Ed Yost did one for me a while back, so I am sure he will do one for you.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
TBTwinsFan said:
Dave, a suggestion, but if you want something really unique, you should print up questionaires about the 1969 season and send them off to the living guys as well.

That is a great idea, thanks! :D

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
69MetsFan said:
TBTwinsFan said:

That is a great idea, thanks! :D

No problem!

I made a document in Word, added a signature box to it, and send them off to older guys.

Members online

Latest posts