Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1/20/12 - White Plains Show Recap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
This weekend there was a show in White Plains. The Show runs today through Sunday. The "big draw" for this show is a fairly rare signing appearance by Mike Pizza tomorrow. Also, PSA was accepting submissions.

Being that i had cards to hand into to PSA i was planning on attending. Then when they announced that Piazza would be signing, i figured the dealer turnout would be strong. Well, i was wrong! lol

The show was lacking in the dealer department. i wonder if the impending "snow storm" had anything to do with it. Oh well, that happens and i was not going to let it get me down. i love going to shows and can occupy my time there in different ways.

This show was about looking for some raw stuff to hand in with the order that i was giving to PSA anyway. i spent most of my time at the show looking for raw cards to submit, and then looking some more, and some more. i came away with seven additional cards, and a lot more respect for those that self-submit. Its this happening at shows that makes me more and more happy to buy already graded (when available that is)

My first stop was at the dealer that has a "$1 table". His stuff rarely dissapoints, and today was pretty good at his table:

024be34a.jpg

7f27209d.jpg

6b384c06.jpg

It was great to run into Anthony and Joe of FCB Fame :)
Anthony gave me a STACK of George Brett Cards! AWESOME Brother! Thank You for thinking of me! :)

Then is was time to seach for some "junk wax" Surprisingly there was a LOT less available then there is normally. that was a bummer. i did pick these up:

31744387.jpg

I was able to pick up just three slabs on the day. The usual PSA dealers werent there, and the ones that had PSA for sale had them priced pretty high.

Overall i wish there was more to report about this show. Of course i had a good time, but it could/should have been a lot better.

Thanks for the read,
Eric
ThoseBackPages

edited to add these:

8ece1fcc.jpg

c50bf52e.jpg

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
ChasHawk said:
Awesome haul!!

There is a 20 table show at my local mall this weekend, but I'm guessing the snow we got today will drop it to 10 or less... :lol:

What is this snow y'all talking about? Lol. I'm wearing shorts down here. I'm going to my first show Sunday, would rather go tomorrow but can't.

Eric, nice pickups!

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Nice haul and love the 1986 Star Stickers boxes. I remember the packs being somewhere around .75 back in 1986. I can't remember if I put a set of those together but I know I busted quite a few of them.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
sorry i missed ya eric

heard you were around but didnt see you

nice pickups! i saw all these 80s wax and thought eric would be happy. lol

dave

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Won't have the computer back so no scans but my pick ups so far:

140 various 2011 heritage chromes (w refs) for $30
Tek bagwell diffractor $1