Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOLY COW What a RIDICULOUS Patch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Saw this on another trading site but thought I'd share the picture. The patch is just insane, and apparently pack pulled. Again, WOW.

DSC06389.jpg

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
George_Calfas said:
How many jerseys were Wilson and not Rawlings?

Who knows. But I think something like this isn't likely to be faked, firstly because the ones /10 in that year are I think all multicolored patches, there is one on eBay right now. Second, a FULL tag patch is extremely risky to fake because it can be much more easily proved fake, plus patch fakers buy cheap cards to fake into patches this one is going to be hundreds to begin with too big of a risk to fake I think people would feel pretty safe on this one.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
homerun28aa said:
George_Calfas said:
How many jerseys were Wilson and not Rawlings?

Who knows. But I think something like this isn't likely to be faked, firstly because the ones /10 in that year are I think all multicolored patches, there is one on eBay right now. Second, a FULL tag patch is extremely risky to fake because it can be much more easily proved fake, plus patch fakers buy cheap cards to fake into patches this one is going to be hundreds to begin with too big of a risk to fake I think people would feel pretty safe on this one.

I agree; just curious to the history

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
George_Calfas said:
homerun28aa said:
[quote="George_Calfas":2uoj25e4]How many jerseys were Wilson and not Rawlings?

I agree; just curious to the history[/quote:2uoj25e4]

That's a really interesting post with the transforming of the tag, but based on it it looks spot on.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
69MetsFan said:
Is that material legit from that era?

I think it appears to be and the tag looks right. If this is an error it is Topps', but I think everything is legit

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Anyone who opens any high end product loaded w patches should film their break in case they get something crazy.

No one trusts amazing patch cards it seems, rightfully so.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Here's the card...

DSC06389.jpg

Here's the Wilson tags

wilsonf4mo.jpg

Clemente's last season was in 1972. So either that info is wrong or topps F'd up, or the card's owner is full of it.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
cgilmo said:
homerun28aa said:
This one is 2/10. Those are Clemente Patches

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Topps-Ster ... 500wt_1142

It's SO unlikely that a guy buys a jumbo Clemente patch only to fake it..

no, it really isn't

In fact, that is exactly what a faker would want you to think.

The jumbos alone already go for a ton, there really is not even that much room for profit, plus the guy didn't say he was selling it, he was simply showing off his pull from 3 years ago. I don't think it's impossible that it was faked, I just hope society hasn't to come to that level of lieing ::facepalm::

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Just because Clemente is featured on the card doesn't mean he wore that jersey. Topps only says it was worn in a game, probably some softball game at their annual picnic.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
bear0555 said:
Just because Clemente is featured on the card doesn't mean he wore that jersey. Topps only says it was worn in a game, probably some softball game at their annual picnic.

It amazes me how many different and wrong ways people read the wording on the cards.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
nyc3 said:
bear0555 said:

It amazes me how many different and wrong ways people read the wording on the cards.

And it amazes me how ignorant collectors are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online