Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gerrit Cole to the Astros........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Great day to be an Astros fan. They fleeced the Bucs.

Oh yeah they got fleeced. My buddy seems to think Pittsburgh won this trade due to the 4 players involved and years of control that comes with it. Yes, he's correct on that aspect, but those players need to sniff the show for that to work. Musgrove if far from a sure thing, Feliz is probably the most sure thing in the deal, Moran hit .308 in the PCL and needs to prove his season wasn't a fluke and Martin is a 4th outfielder at best. I mean...put aside Tucker and Whitley. They couldn't even snag J.D. Davis, Derek Fisher, Myles Straw, Jorge Alcala, Cionel Perez...I would be livid as a Pirates fan right now

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Oh yeah they got fleeced. My buddy seems to think Pittsburgh won this trade due to the 4 players involved and years of control that comes with it. Yes, he's correct on that aspect, but those players need to sniff the show for that to work. Musgrove if far from a sure thing, Feliz is probably the most sure thing in the deal, Moran hit .308 in the PCL and needs to prove his season wasn't a fluke and Martin is a 4th outfielder at best. I mean...put aside Tucker and Whitley. They couldn't even snag J.D. Davis, Derek Fisher, Myles Straw, Jorge Alcala, Cionel Perez...I would be livid as a Pirates fan right now

I've said it before and I'll say it again...since 1993, the Pirates have the same amount of winning seasons (3) as the Cleveland freaking Browns.

There is no livid left to be had for Pirates' fans.

As a Pirates' fan, all you can do is shake your head. But hey, PNC Park is the nicest ballpark in the country, so we should keep handing over our money, right?

Cole is just the beginning. McCutchen and Harrison will be gone by the end of the month.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I've said it before and I'll say it again...since 1993, the Pirates have the same amount of winning seasons (3) as the Cleveland freaking Browns.

There is no livid left to be had for Pirates' fans.

As a Pirates' fan, all you can do is shake your head. But hey, PNC Park is the nicest ballpark in the country, so we should keep handing over our money, right?

Cole is just the beginning. McCutchen and Harrison will be gone by the end of the month.

Yikes...I didn't realize they were in Browns' territory. Rebuilds are an ugly thing to go through, but the whole idea of them is to get talent back that can help your future. These 4 players are nice organizational pieces, but there are no future all-stars here. Hopefully they can get something for Cutch, but I fear that ship has sailed years ago.

Members online