Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
A bit of a shout-out is needed here:

Rodney (tidel144) has been a stand up guy as a fellow Griffey collector over the past year, can't say enough about his support.

Anyone looking to work with him, I can only give it highest recommendation. Best, Chris

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Just out of curiosity, why not?

I can tell you with 100% certainty that they have blocked shill bidders that I've pointed out to them. They've also removed a fake Mariano Rivera auto I told them about.

It's impossible for a large consigner like that to catch every shill bidder, but they at least make an effort, unlike almost everyone else.

Scott F

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I won the RJ '99FT Starting Nine #d 3/9 last night for $137.50, I thought that was a more than reasonable ending bid. I guess Starting Nine is kind of like Stand & Delivery Red letters, really rare but only valued by a handful of 90s & player collectors.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I won the RJ '99FT Starting Nine #d 3/9 last night for $137.50, I thought that was a more than reasonable ending bid. I guess Starting Nine is kind of like Stand & Delivery Red letters, really rare but only valued by a handful of 90s & player collectors.

I think that's a steal. I have 4 copies of the Mariano Stand & Deliver red letters but have never even seen a Starting Nine of him.

Scott F

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

these are going in my left front pocket when they bury me.

10Zye0M.jpg

gzTQvmV.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Value is often in the eye of the beholder and if you think about it, with cards being issued in very small quantities now for over 20 years, the novelty of the low print run has lost a lot of allure for many. It's mind boggling to think that 10,000 copies was once something very special and I feel that nostalgia is driving a lot of the demand still for issues like early 90s Elites. Either that or 5000+ are still lost in unopened boxes stashed away in some musty warehouse! You can't explain it otherwise when newer cards numbered to 5, 10 and 25 copies will sell for fractions of what those early Elite cards still sell for.

I personally think $135+ for a regular insert, numbered to 10 or less is WAY too much regardless of how hard they may be to find, but I don't fault anyone willing to pay that for something that fits a huge hole in their collection. That said, I am much more willing to spend the higher prices for low print run autograph cards, just not the GU and inserts anymore.