Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting unauthenticated Ruth auto auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
"I DO NOT CARE WHAT PSA OR JSA HAS TO SAY BECAUSE QUITE FRANKLY THEY DO NOT ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THERE CAN BE SO MANY PSA AND JSA "AUTHENTIC" IN THE MARKET."

Translation: PSA and JSA rejected it.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
The thing is, even though he says NO RETURNS, there is absolutely no risk buying this. It is illegal/against ebay policy to sell counterfeit signatures. So if a reputable third party deems it not genuine, ebay will facilitate the return on it. [you end up losing the PSA/DNA fees, and nothing else] I've had to do it with several different signatures recently. One thing about ebay (which I don't necessarily love as a seller) the buyer is always UBER-protected.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Last edited:

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Did you look at his other listings? Tons of replica, reprint & fake Ruth signatures. Reprint Mantle and Ruth cards galore. I'd have to say clear. Anyone who's that involved with this type of memorabilia would have it authenticated. And anyone with money to afford such an item should find a seller willing to get it authenticated first.

Jul 22, 2016
This guy is a crook. All he has is forgeries listed as reprints. So, if a forgery is a maybe he can sell it as it might be real. I would never touch this type of merchandise. All this guy does is try to cover his arse. You can tell it is shady by all the steps he takes to do it!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I love the fact that almost any autograph comes with a certificate of authenticity from some jerkstore authenticator but this one specifically says comes with no authentication. It's not impossible that it's real but the guy isn't doing himself many favors if he believes it is.

Members online