Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The winning bid on the campy is legit but I absolutely guarentee it was shilled not saying by the seller himself but it was shilled

In regards to the campy it find it super strange that it brought over 1k! We will find out if the guy was a legit bidder or not. I will just say in regards to the seller donut that I have made numerous deals with him and I've always been pleased. Most of my deals happen offline, but I have not been disappointed. I will agree with mlballtimegreats that strange stuff does happen in the vintage patch market. Though this is REALLY STRANGE!

there is no doubt that people do questionable things all the time, and this sale really sticks out. Only time will tell

wantedcardboard

Mar 2, 2015
Which year do you think the jacket was in use?
The style of the logos are distinctive between the 30/40 and shift in the 50s. I would love to learn more about your thoughts.

Actually the info I read was a post from you!! In 2012......I was going to buy one of these cards but after reading this i decided not to.

12-06-2012, 09:02 AM #34
George_Calfas
user-online.png

Senior Member Join DateAug 2008LocationUrbanaPosts35,254 rangercalfasMentioned259 Post(s)Tagged2 Thread(s)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by predatorkj
Yeah but how many of us 100% feel like any gu cards these days are legit? Same scenario.

Yes, that was my point. The GU collector base is much larger in population and age range, Card companies will take a beating once the full story comes out.

For instance, take the 2012 Prime Cuts Frisch Patch that just sold, DLP had never released an obvious patch but now Panini did. With the jumbo patch you can see that the item was from a 1955-1965 jacket. Frisch stopped coaching the Cards in 1938 and baseball all together in 1951. Either he was given the jacket during a stint in St Louis (55-65) or the jacket is from an un-named player. Frisch gamers garner HUGE money since so few are available, however, the un-named player jackets sell around $500. The card just sold ~$600

51543_cardinals_jacket.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

Members online