Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Biggiobrooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Awful.

Man, I used to give the kid a hard time when he first popped here, but he was what it was all about. A way more dedicated collector and member than I ever was.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
****. All the time I'd see his Biggio thread, and think about posting more in it, since I'm a Biggio fan as well, and I never really did. One hell of a collection, I'm glad to was able to add a few to it at one point. Hard to think that he's just gone now.

Jul 22, 2016
This is awful news.. Around Christmas too.. I feel for his family and let us keep them in our prayers this holiday season. Im so shocked. I had messaged with him about a month ago because we had some trades we were going to make but postponed due to his hospitalization. Wow life is short and unfair.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

dstrawberryfan39

Oct 16, 2013
RIP [MENTION=8332]BiggioBrooks755[/MENTION]. I loved seeing his pickups and his brooks collection was great. Prayers for his family!!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Sorry to hear of his passing. He always very passionate about his collection as well as others collections.

Thank You Nick for being a Great Member here on FCB!

Mick
FCB ID: Fordman

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I had planned on starting his 2017 year off sending him with two Biggio cards off his "most wanted list" from my sets along with the graded storage box he asked for. Instead I'll be sending his condolence card to his family.

Second member this year (Jason Picus-Nolan5000) I've lost to a long standing fight with a medical issue :sad:

His address if anyone cares to write the family a condolence card:

Nick Aerts
2819-A Forest Ave
Two Rivers WI 54241

Thank you, I was trying to figure out who might have his address for this very reason.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
Hi all - here's a bit of additional background on Nick. I've gotten a lot less involved in collecting over the last several years, in no small part due to my two high school age daughters' involvement in their athletic and other extra-curricular activities. Which, coincidentally is how I've gotten to know Nick. He has for years proclaimed himself the number one fan of the football and basketball teams at Roncalli High School in Manitowoc, WI which my daughters attend, a title which has never been in dispute. He's a fixture at every game, leading cheers from the sidelines. As passionate as he was about his player collections, his fervor for Roncalli athletics and athletes was tenfold (maybe more). There were times he clapped so hard and for so long that his hands were actually bleeding after a big game. He's a young man who dealt with a lifetime of health issues but who found a home on the sidelines cheering on the Jets. He was the last of the true believers - sometimes to a fault - but his passion and enthusiasm were never in doubt.

He had been having issues lately that required hospitalization but as soon as he was released he was back in the gym. In fact he was at our girls' game Tuesday night, just hours before his passing. My last memory of him will be seeing him changing out of his "gamers" - the gym shoes he only wore in the gym on game day - after Tuesday's contest. I take a lot of photos at the girls' games and thought I'd share a couple of my favorites of Nick:

15195931_10207989659244122_288208739776488822_o.jpg

12694707_10205838901996535_2270172972593168472_o.jpg

12698135_10205838904636601_7188721852687210047_o.jpg

12402216_10205626291041394_6514547634480182035_o.jpg

And here's an article that appeared in our local paper yesterday. http://www.htrnews.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/2016/12/22/roncalli-remebers-superfan-aerts/95772838/ He was a special young man and his absence is going to leave a big void in a lot of peoples' hearts. RIP Nick - we'll miss you.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Hi all - here's a bit of additional background on Nick. I've gotten a lot less involved in collecting over the last several years, in no small part due to my two high school age daughters' involvement in their athletic and other extra-curricular activities. Which, coincidentally is how I've gotten to know Nick. He has for years proclaimed himself the number one fan of the football and basketball teams at Roncalli High School in Manitowoc, WI which my daughters attend, a title which has never been in dispute. He's a fixture at every game, leading cheers from the sidelines. As passionate as he was about his player collections, his fervor for Roncalli athletics and athletes was tenfold (maybe more). There were times he clapped so hard and for so long that his hands were actually bleeding after a big game. He's a young man who dealt with a lifetime of health issues but who found a home on the sidelines cheering on the Jets. He was the last of the true believers - sometimes to a fault - but his passion and enthusiasm were never in doubt.

He had been having issues lately that required hospitalization but as soon as he was released he was back in the gym. In fact he was at our girls' game Tuesday night, just hours before his passing. My last memory of him will be seeing him changing out of his "gamers" - the gym shoes he only wore in the gym on game day - after Tuesday's contest. I take a lot of photos at the girls' games and thought I'd share a couple of my favorites of Nick:

View attachment 66358

View attachment 66357

View attachment 66359

View attachment 66360

And here's an article that appeared in our local paper yesterday. http://www.htrnews.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/2016/12/22/roncalli-remebers-superfan-aerts/95772838/ He was a special young man and his absence is going to leave a big void in a lot of peoples' hearts. RIP Nick - we'll miss you.
Thank you so much for writing this! Like Scott said, we know each other but we don't know each other. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know Nick a little more. I hope someone starts a thread where we just get to know each other a little better. This news is made me feel even more sad knowing he had been fighting health issues for while and I didn't know. May God bless his family and give them strength

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Thank you so much for writing this! Like Scott said, we know each other but we don't know each other. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know Nick a little more. I hope someone starts a thread where we just get to know each other a little better. This news is made me feel even more sad knowing he had been fighting health issues for while and I didn't know. May God bless his family and give them strength

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

Agree! this story is so nice to read.

Over the years I've been incredibly lucky to meet so many of the members of this board and may of them I am in contact with on a regular basis. I know we talk about traffic and having more members that are active but I'm thankful for the ones we have. Nick is what this hobby is all about and his enthusiasm and his loss will leave a void in our community.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
[MENTION=1901]Billy Packer[/MENTION] , thanks for sharing the pics and the articles. I've got no problem stating I was in tears reading that. That's the type of person you want around. I'm sure he didn't have it easy in any aspect of his life and yet he was positive at all times. You could tell he just was excited for the things we take for granted at times. Rest in Peace Nick, I'll miss you on FCB and it looks like you will be missed elsewhere. Something tells me you are still smiling and clapping though!

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I just found out about this moments ago (thanks Scott). I am shocked, and am very sad to hear about this.

I have "known" Nick from here for a few years, messaging each other and texting from time to time. I remember the first time he bought some Biggio cards from me. It made me feel good to hook him up with cards and other items he needed, and eventually I sent him my entire Biggio collection. I knew it would be in good hands with him.

I remember when he told me of his new address (I assumed he was moving out of his parents house), and recently he was getting a car. At times he was vague about what his next deal was, always saying something big was coming and that he would post pictures.

I had no idea he had any health issues whatsoever. Like others have said, it's interesting how much we know about each other and at the same time how little we know.

I know that I will miss him, and it looks like an entire community both here and in WI, will always remember a young man with such heart and compassion for his local teams, and his collection.

I appreciate the community looking to keep his thread alive, and I will contribute to it as well when I can.

Rest in peace Nick. I wish we had more time together, but I will cherish the time we spent talking about what we love the most.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online