Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Richard Sherman -vs- Michael Crabtree

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
What would people say if Bryce Harper did this?

No issues with getting in Crabtree's face? Or running around flashing the choke sign? Or his lack of talking his TEAM winning the game? Or his disrespect to Erin Andrews?

Not sure what Bryce Harper has to do with Richard Sherman, so I'm gunna skip that one.
No, I have no problem with him getting in Crabtrees face, we have no idea what they said to each other during the game, or before or whatever. And Sherman did go to Crabtree first and smack him in the ass, which is what players do to congratulate others on a good game (again, we have no idea what was being said there) and Crabtree pie-faced him. Just from a general overview, without knowing to much, that looks to me like Crabtree was in the wrong.
The choke sign was immature, but nothing more, a sign of emotions running wild. Again, just an assumption (and don't give me that we know what happens when you assume line) but I would think he was talking about the Niners choking, and not that he wants to choke them, or Crabtree or whatever.
Lack of talking about his team winning the game? Like i said before He got a microphone shoved in his face seconds after making a game saving play to send him to the SuperBowl, he wasn't in a formal interview, emotions ran high, and they took over.
And what disrespect to Erin Andrews, I didn't get that from what I saw. She did her job, he replied, in a way we are not used to, but he did what he did, it had nothing to do with her, it was about him and Crabtree.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
How long does it take to pull a trigger?

How long does it take to beat your spouse?

Many athletes have foundations and charitable organizations, and are still dbags.

Everything you said is true, but there are also countless examples of people who have made 30 second mistakes and then completely changed and ended up living extremely positive lives. Returning to sports, does Peyton Manning get judged only on his playoff failures or do we look at his entire body of work to understand that he is one of the greatest QBs ever?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
In the context of things, I'm fine with what Sherman said - he was overly amped up and had words with Crabtree with Crabtree pushing him in the facemask. It was in the heat of the moment, and he just made a huge play to win the game.

This is coming from a 49ers fan. Erin Andrews was fine with it and admitted that they target players like that who don't have a scripted response to interview for this reason alone. We get the honest emotions and the reactions from the players.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Anyone catch that Sherman was miked up for the game? And how when he patted Crabtree on the butt he said "hell of a game, hell of a game", and Crabtree pie faced him and walked off the field not giving anyone a handshake... but Sherman has the bad sportsmanship...And the other interview he gave before Erin Andrews? And how before Erin interviewed him, he gave her a huge hug...all that disrespect right?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Anyone catch that Sherman was miked up for the game? And how when he patted Crabtree on the butt he said "hell of a game, hell of a game", and Crabtree pie faced him and walked off the field not giving anyone a handshake... but Sherman has the bad sportsmanship...And the other interview he gave before Erin Andrews? And how before Erin interviewed him, he gave her a huge hug...all that disrespect right?

Didn't see that, ESPN?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA

Yes, that's why I'm giving Sherman a pass. I saw what Crabtree did, and while it doesn't excuse Sherman for his rant, it at least gives us a reason why it happened.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
XXXXing LOVE that the truth comes out, Sherman patted Crabtree on the ass and said "hell of a game" and Crabtree pushed him in the face. You know Sherman going off was a result of that. Love the passion of Sherman, LOVE IT!!!

Wheres [MENTION=1961]ballerskrip[/MENTION] now that the truth comes out?
Is Sherman still a D-Bag for patting Crabtree on the ass and telling him "hell of a game", then getting shoved in the face, then being amped up? He's a dick for hugging Erin? He's a POS for being passionate? The pussification of sports in America, gotta love it!

As someone else referenced in this thread, Muhammad Ali was the same way, amped up, talked XXXX about his opponents, yada yada yada, and he is applauded throughout the world over time. You can say it is different because he was a boxer and that is an individual sport, but I will politely disagree and say it is no different, individual or team, you are in the moment either way. Boxing is one on one, a defensive player covering an offensive player is one on one in the moment.

Cajun68

Jul 24, 2013
Louisiana
I didn't know about him going up to Crabtree either. I only seen that one interview with him a running his mouth about being the best and Crabtree was not a good player or something like that. I know he was excited about the win and going to the Super Bowl but, you would think players would think before they open their mouth.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
XXXXing LOVE that the truth comes out, Sherman patted Crabtree on the ass and said "hell of a game" and Crabtree pushed him in the face. You know Sherman going off was a result of that. Love the passion of Sherman, LOVE IT!!!

Wheres [MENTION=1961]ballerskrip[/MENTION] now that the truth comes out?
Is Sherman still a D-Bag for patting Crabtree on the ass and telling him "hell of a game", then getting shoved in the face, then being amped up? He's a dick for hugging Erin? He's a POS for being passionate? The pussification of sports in America, gotta love it!

As someone else referenced in this thread, Muhammad Ali was the same way, amped up, talked XXXX about his opponents, yada yada yada, and he is applauded throughout the world over time. You can say it is different because he was a boxer and that is an individual sport, but I will politely disagree and say it is no different, individual or team, you are in the moment either way. Boxing is one on one, a defensive player covering an offensive player is one on one in the moment.

Still a dbag with a consistent record of being a loud-mouth XXXX talker.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Sherman now has the #1 selling defensive jersey in the NFL. Looks like this is working out for him.

Members online

Latest posts