Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FS 04 UD GU Musial Bird Patch 6/10, Allen Ginter Musial and Pujols SP autos & 92 Score Musial AU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
That is not a modern old timers jersey...

Those were made from an old timers game modern jersey, not an official MLB wool gamer(mine). Huge difference. As a Musial collector, I figured you knew. Most do, and they sell accordingly. Apples to oranges yet again. I am done with this board so I probably won't reply again.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
And no one in this thread is trying to discourage anyone from the board (responding to gamecockfanatic). When you join 4 days ago and your entrance is throwing a tirade filled with name calling and threatening for not much of a reason if at all, maybe you need to just tone it down a few notches (trying to be polite). I don't think anyone's intentions in this thread have been to try to get people away from this site...

I thought this was ready to just be done but the OP has come back time and time again to insult anyone who doesn't share his opinion (and thank those that do). Surely we can move on from this minor argument and don't need to continue beating a dead horse

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Those were made from an old timers game modern jersey, not an official MLB wool gamer(mine). Huge difference. As a Musial collector, I figured you knew. Most do, and they sell accordingly. Apples to oranges yet again. I am done with this board so I probably won't reply again.

I used the above as an "example", read "Mind you this is not the perfect example, but about as close as I could get for comparison sakes", I never said wool vs old timers jersey, etc.

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
That is not a modern old timers jersey...

Oh yes it is.. UD cut one up and made patches in 2005 from it. And I didn't insult other skeptics comments. I disagreed and posted proof to show I was correct.

Here is proof:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-ud-hall-of-fame-1-1-STAN-MUSIAL-auto-LOGO-PATCH-jersey-CARDINALS-bird-/371104641418?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item56678f718a&nma=true&si=3IIC40pIStn3iJuaF9hxrCboJXI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Again; Apples to oranges comparison, Musial Collector. It's like saying a kit car Porsche sells for what a real one does.

I believe my point has been proven so I need to move on and not waste my day with this thread or board's hand full of skeptics.

Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Interesting. Your card is an 04 UD and this card is an 05 UD. The jerseys themselves look identical if you see from my link below you will see the same grey wool material as is in your patch. So you think Upper Deck cut up different Musial worn wool patches in 04 and 05? That's highly unlikely, no? If UD uses different verbiage on the 05 versus the 04 that simply might mean there was heavier regulation handed down on them to specify which jersey it is from, that doesn't mean yours is game worn during his playing days and the other is an old timers jersey. Again it just to me seems highly unlikely the UD cut up a different jersey in 04 as compared to 05 - wouldn't make sense.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAN-MUSIAL...10-BASEBAL-HEROES-DUAL-PATCH-11-/221591026522

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Oh yes it is.. UD cut one up and made patches in 2005 from it. And I didn't insult other skeptics comments. I disagreed and posted proof to show I was correct.

Here is proof:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-ud-hall-of-fame-1-1-STAN-MUSIAL-auto-LOGO-PATCH-jersey-CARDINALS-bird-/371104641418?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item56678f718a&nma=true&si=3IIC40pIStn3iJuaF9hxrCboJXI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Again; Apples to oranges comparison, Musial Collector. It's like saying a kit car Porsche sells for what a real one does.

I believe my point has been proven so I need to move on and not waste my day with this thread or board's hand full of skeptics.

Read the verbiage in the second picture of the below link - it is from the 05 UD Heroes set that Musial Collector was referring to. So are you still going to act like a bigshot know-it-all?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAN-MUSIAL...10-BASEBAL-HEROES-DUAL-PATCH-11-/221591026522

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
Read the verbiage in the second picture of the below link - it is from the 05 UD Heroes set that Musial Collector was referring to. So are you still going to act like a bigshot know-it-all?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAN-MUSIAL-ALBERT-PUJOLS-2008-UPPER-DECK-610-BASEBAL-HEROES-DUAL-PATCH-11-/221591026522

That is from 2008 Heroes(most likely from same grey road MLB game used jersey as mine). Not 2005 Heroes and from a white old timers game jersey as MC posted. Big difference. You are wrong.

Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
So 2004 - game worn, 2005 - old timers, 2008 - game worn? Your picture was from an entirely different set - UD HOF Cooperstown Calling versus 2005 UD Heroes, it's 100% possible that 2005 heroes was game worn patch. You are speculating at best.

That is from 2008 Heroes(most likely from same grey road MLB game used jersey as mine). Not 2005 Heroes and from a white old timers game jersey as MC posted. Big difference. You are wrong.

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
Homerun28aa,

You don't get it. UD never had a WHITE Musial MLB GAME USED JERSEY to cut up. DLP did, NOT UD. Look at their products over the years. All patch pieces in the 2005 UD products were from the WHITE old timers jersey. I know. I owned many of them back in the day. That is what I posted proof of. Upper Deck has used up the remaining pieces of their grey road jersey in many of it's products over the years. I don't know it all. But I do know Musial stuff. You are wrong. I know your pride is in the way of your admitting it.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I have bolded your comment below that I disagree with:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAN-MUSIAL...1256072030?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2a33b42b5e

Is this 05 UD? Yes. Is this a white old timers jersey? No. I'll be awaiting an apology from you.

Thanks

Homerun28aa,

You don't get it. UD never had a WHITE Musial MLB GAME USED JERSEY to cut up. DLP did, NOT UD. Look at their products over the years. All patch pieces in the 2005 UD products were from the WHITE old timers jersey. I know. I owned many of them back in the day. That is what I posted proof of. Upper Deck has used up the remaining pieces of their grey road jersey in many of it's products over the years. I don't know it all. But I do know Musial stuff. You are wrong. I know your pride is in the way of your admitting it.

eltoro2012

Nov 3, 2013
So........is the card still available?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Oh really? That's not a patch? Oh wow I guess you really taught me something. So now you're saying plain jerseys were perhaps grey wool but only patches were white old timers? You're out of your league..

That is not a patch, dummy. That is a jersey piece. You are grasping at straws. Just admit I taught you something. You are wrong. I'm sorry.

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
Oh really? That's not a patch? Oh wow I guess you really taught me something. So now you're saying plain jerseys were perhaps grey wool but only patches were white old timers? You're out of your league..

I tried explaining this to you and you don't get it. I am sorry to school you, but your bull head fails to listen.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Your explanation was that in 2005 - unlike 2004 and 2008 UD decided to use a different Musial jersey piece. In 2005 regular jersey cards UD was using the same jersey piece (perhaps) as in 2004 and 2008 - but in 2005 they decided to throw a huge curveball and for only patches use a white old timers jersey. I'm not debating that they did this for some, clearly they have. But I don't believe that you're correct in saying that all 2005 Musial patches are from a white old timers jersey.

That is all.

I tried explaining this to you and you don't get it. I am sorry to school you, but your bull head fails to listen.

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
Last time; All patch pieces in the 2005 UD products were from the WHITE old timers jersey. That is what UD stated on the backs of the cards. They did ALSO use non patch grey MLB game used road jersey pieces in the product.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Which is exactly what I said in my above post Einstein. I don't believe this idea you have is correct...

Last time; All patch pieces in the 2005 UD products were from the WHITE old timers jersey. That is what UD stated on the backs of the cards. They did ALSO use non patch grey MLB game used road jersey pieces in the product.

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
Which is exactly what I said in my above post Einstein. I don't believe this idea you have is correct...

You are trying to spin to save having to admit you are wrong. I get it. I am done wasting my day on this. The evidence speaks for its self. Contact UD and they can verify I am correct.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Called UD. They said your card was worth $300 tops.

The evidence you have provided is one card and a theory..

You are trying to spin to save having to admit you are wrong. I get it. I am done wasting my day on this. The evidence speaks for its self. Contact UD and they can verify I am correct.

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
You are trying to spin to save having to admit you are wrong. I get it. Go ahead, get the last word in. I know you need to in order to feel like you won. I will let the evidence be my final word.

Members online

Latest posts