Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's your all-time favorite team?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
2005 Houston Astros

Made a scrapbook of the games and leading up to it from the newspapers

Wish the Astros could have won atleast one game...
Curious why you're an Astros fan and not a Brewers fan. Are you from Texas?

And cool scrapbook idea. I wish I had done that in the '80s.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I was gonna go with the obvious (1927 Yankees) but decided on the 98' team since they had the most wins in the entire league that year

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
2007 Rockies

I was just back in the country, and a friend of mine from high school had a job with Coors Field's advertising firm, so the free tickets were plentiful. I went to a ton of games that year for free. Of course, NO ONE could have predicted a World Series, and Rocktober was the most fun I've ever had watching baseball. I spent so much money at bars during that run. It was unreal.

I have a stashed-away collection of every player on the roster from that year that ever had a certified auto (including the likes of Geronimo Gil, who played in 4 games forthe Rox in '07).

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
1980 Phillies are central in my mind. I had gotten into baseball when I was 5 or so with my mother's father, an OG Italian guy who had followed baseball his whole life. He took me to many games at the Vet, which opened me up to the world in a way, beyond my suburban childhood. Some all-time greats on that team (Schmidt, Carlton, Rose), and personal favorites (McBride, Maddox, Luzinski). After 3 trips to the playoffs, then missing in 1979, they won the Series right around my 10th birthday, and all was right with the world.

But the 1998 Rangers are also a favorite. I had a 1/3 season ticket, so I went to about 25 games, and it was tremendous. Juan Gonzalez, Ivan Rodriguez, and Rafael Palmeiro were at their alleged PED peaks, and after decades of doldrums, the Rangers started making the playoffs. Beautiful ballpark was only 4 years old. It was fun.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
1985 KC Royals. First game I ever went to was a Royals game with my grandfather. At our school, we picked teams to win the WS in gym class and whoever lost had to do push-ups. I was one of the only ones who picked the Royals, and still remember all my friends doing push-ups as I sat back and smiled.

As a Blue Jays fan, I have a particular dislike for the '85 Royals. Moreso than the '15 team. :)

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
'75 or '76 Reds for me (basically same team). The '90 Reds were great as well. Was hard to ignore the 88-90 run of the Bash Brothers in Oakland.

Fordman

Curious why you're an Astros fan and not a Brewers fan. Are you from Texas?

And cool scrapbook idea. I wish I had done that in the '80s.

Never really had a "favorite" team growing up for some reason but once I started to collect cards which was around 2005, I wanted a player who spent their entire career with one team and Biggio came to mind

Did kinda like the Marlins in the 90s because I went to Disney a couple times but it didnt really stick...

Oh and I am from WI to an answer your other question

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
1984 Cubs. Ryno of course, but everyone loved Jody Davis. Broke my 10 year old heart. (Certainly wasn't the last time the Cubs would break my heart.)

Nice. I was 12 and they broke my heart too. The Deer and the Penguin. Singing Jo-Dee, Joooooooo-Dee Davis. Hormones racing seeing ballgirl (and Playboy Playmate) Marla Collins! Tru-Link fences and Budweiser. Harry Caray and Steve Stone. Good times!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
The 96 Yankees. I was 11 in 95 when Donny retired and I was so upset. He was my favorite player by far, then this Jeter guy came along and turned my frown upside down.

Did I write this? Outside of the age part, I feel exactly the same.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
#1 for me has always been The Ohio State Buckeyes! I've been hooked on Buckeye football since I was very young!

I'm all over the place with professional sports & have never been as passionate about any other team like the Buckeyes...

The Twins while Kirby played was easily my second favorite team, but they never topped the Buckeyes...

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
2004 Red Sox. Do I really need to explain? I have been a Red Sox fan since I was 10 years old in 1991, so I was not as long-suffering as some, but after the heartache in 2003, and falling way behind the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS, it was incredible to watch them storm back and win it all for the first time in generations.

I also loved the 2007, 2013, 1991 (my first team), 2003 (the best lineup I have ever seen), 1998 (Vaughn, Nomar, Pedro, Flash), and 1995 (Wakefield, Vaughn, Valentin) teams.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
My Favorite Phillies Team Hodgepodge style (only players I watched IRL)

C Daulton
1B Pete Rose
2B Chase Utley
3B Mike Schmidt
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Von Hayes
OF Greg Luzinski
OF Shane Victorino (for the GS off Sabathia alone)

PH Matt Stairs :cool:

P ( no specific order)
P Halladay
P Carlton
P Milton
P Terry Mulholland
P Blanton (game 4 HR alone)

RP Lidge
RP Rickey Bo
RP Wild Thing
RP Turk Wendell
RP Madson

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
the 1980 world series champs Phillies! Loved seeingthem in the world series. Also collecting every auto from every player on the team!
attachment.php

This team. Go Phillies!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
1991 Shreveport Captains.

My grandfather is the reason I love baseball. When I was a small child, he seemed like a magician when he'd tell me things like, "Clayton is about to steal second" and then it would happen. In 1990, the Captains won the Texas League Championship. Shreveport never supported baseball, but there was actual buzz among my ten year old friends about the Captains.

My grandfather took me to at least twenty games that season and the Captains destroyed everyone. Royce Clayton, Scooter Tucker, Kevin Rogers. If the Giants had been on tv back then, I would probably be a Giants fan and not an Astros fan.

Members online