Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mr. Bautista? Meet Mr. Odor('s fist)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Best baseball punch I've ever seen.

But I have Bautista and Donaldson on my fantasy team, so they need to cut that sh*t out.

Sour grapes on the part of Texas. That slide wasn't dirty.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Best baseball punch I've ever seen.

But I have Bautista and Donaldson on my fantasy team, so they need to cut that sh*t out.

Sour grapes on the part of Texas. That slide wasn't dirty.

Give me a ****ing break that slide wasnt dirty!

Really Sam, when you slide into 2nd, do you start your slide before the bag and slide INTO 2nd, or like Bautista do you start your slide after the bag and slide OVER and PAST 2nd? Watch the video again, and again, and again until you realize it was blatant he was attempting to take out and hurt Odor.

If you slid like that into me at 2nd, Id do the same thing Odor did, get up and land the first punch and knock you the **** out.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom

Really Sam, when you slide into 2nd, do you start your slide before the bag and slide INTO 2nd, or like Bautista do you start your slide after the bag and slide OVER and PAST 2nd? Watch the video again, and again, and again until you realize it was blatant he was attempting to take out and hurt Odor.

If you slid like that into me at 2nd, Id do the same thing Odor did, get up and land the first punch and knock you the **** out.

Taking out the second baseman that close to the bag to break up the double play is 100% okay in my book.

I don't get it. People slide to the side of the bag, people b*tch. People slide through the bag directly on top of it, people b*tch. Why don't we just have ghost runners from here on out, that way we can continue the p*ssification of Major League Baseball?

It wasn't dirty. The rules are just p*ssified now.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Yadi's been laid out at the plate several times, and I've never complained once.

It's part of the game to me.

Then again, I'm not a p*ssy about hits.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Are you arguing that the slide wasn't dirty just for the sake of arguing?

It was a dirty slide. If you're ok with dirty slides, that's one thing. Fair enough.

But to say that wasn't a dirty slide is pretty funny.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Yadi's been laid out at the plate several times, and I've never complained once.

It's part of the game to me.

Then again, I'm not a p*ssy about hits.

Do you believe in the rules of baseball? The ACTUAL rules of baseball, not unwritten rules, the actual written rules of baseball?
Its not the pussification of baseball, its about protecting the players from potential long term injuries.

THE SLIDE RULE

The basics: In the past, runners were given wide latitude coming into second base as long as they were close enough to touch the bag.

Under the new Rule 6.01(j), a runner will have to make a "bona fide slide," which is defined as making contact with the ground before reaching the base, being able to and attempting to reach the base with a hand or foot, being able to and attempting to remain on the base at the completion of the slide (except at home plate) and not changing his path for the purpose of initiating contact with a fielder.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/165429062/pace-of-game-changes-new-slide-rule-adopted

Bautista had zero intention of sliding into the bag, he 100% was out to make contact with Odor (didnt initiate his slide until on the bag) and potentially inflict injury.
Im glad that Odor gave Bautista that right cross to the chin. If Bautista was pissed about being hit, he should have charged at Bush.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

/THREAD

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I don't blame Bautista for being pissed, and to his credit I think his slide wasn't that bad, even though it broke the new rule. He wasn't trying to hurt Odor-- just a typical hard slide to break up the DP in a 1-run game. You know, the kind of slide they used to allow way back in 2015.

I think if any of you guys took a 97 mph heater directly to the ribs, you might want a little payback yourselves. Right?

The Rangers are at fault for all of this crap yesterday, and I don't see Odor as any kind of tough guy for throwing the first punch. I imagine he'll get a 99 mph heater around the nostrils next time he's in Toronto. Then we'll get to see how tough he is.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
These guys are clowns. They're the performers inside of a big top tent.

Do I honestly care if they fight? Do I honestly care if one takes a heater to the temple? Do I care if someone takes a comebacker to the face? No. I don't. I literally could not care less.

This is entertainment for me. And fights are entertaining.

Hell, I wouldn't care if a hitter took a bat to the mound.

What horse do I have in this race?

I could not care less.

Hell, I was HAPPY that Aaron Miles drilled Juan Encarnacion in the face with a foul ball. Why? Because I HAAAAAAATE Juan Encarnacion. He was a teeeeeerible Cardinal, and he needed to be off the team. Bam. Miles fixed the problem. F*ck Juan Encarnacion.

Yeah, I love the Cardinals, but watching this stuff is like watching a television show. I want drama, I want excitement. They're clowns. Entertain me clown.

Bautista's slide was entertaining. The punch was entertaining.

Major League Baseball is the problem. Not the players who actually want to play the game the way it's been played forever. Stop making baseball a game for p*ussies. We already have the NFL and NBA.

Members online

Latest posts