Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What was the deal with the 1996 Stadium Club Bronze/Silver/Gold player cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I just saw a gold one of Frank Thomas on COMC and decided to snag it though it is a bit outside of my scope. The back side had a redemption for something so I'm curious. Stated odds in Beckett had the Bronze seeded every 12 packs, Silver every 24 packs, and Gold every 48 packs. There's 180 players total and the card fronts are basically parallels of the base cards.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I just saw a gold one of Frank Thomas on COMC and decided to snag it though it is a bit outside of my scope. The back side had a redemption for something so I'm curious. Stated odds in Beckett had the Bronze seeded every 12 packs, Silver every 24 packs, and Gold every 48 packs. There's 180 players total and the card fronts are basically parallels of the base cards.

You've basically summed up what they are... Here is a link that covers the redemption and what the B/S/G winners would get you
http://www.baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/1996_Stadium_Club

Ryan

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
This set was so hard for me to do because there is a couple of Sp's in there. and back then I didn't have the internet to help me lol. But it is a sweet set to work on. I finished the Mantel set in there an have these silver/gold/bronze
EXTREME PLAYERS BRONZE
[URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 1[/URL] ,31,34,40,45,59,66,137,143,145,146,167,172,342,343,351,354,370,388,392,
EXTREME PLAYERS SILVER
#1 ,66,104,148,336,
EXTREME PLAYERS GOLD
#4 ,349,429

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
This set was so hard for me to do because there is a couple of Sp's in there. and back then I didn't have the internet to help me lol. But it is a sweet set to work on. I finished the Mantel set in there an have these silver/gold/bronze
EXTREME PLAYERS BRONZE
[URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 1[/URL] ,31,34,40,45,59,66,137,143,145,146,167,172,342,343,351,354,370,388,392,
EXTREME PLAYERS SILVER
#1 ,66,104,148,336,
EXTREME PLAYERS GOLD
#4 ,349,429

Sorry to bump up this 2 year old thread. but I was actually just working on this set today and was using Google to help me out with a couple questions I had. Google sent me here.
First off, I used to post here, but it's been a long time since I've posted anything at all. I hope everyone has been doing well.
Regarding this set, it's by far the hardest set I've ever worked on. Not the base set actually, but the 180 card Bronze and 180 card Silver Extreme Players sets.
The Bronze were inserted 1/12 packs, while the Silver's were 1/24 packs. There's a Gold parallel as well that were inserted 1/48 packs, more about them in a bit.
The sets are skip numbered and parallel the base set.
Unfortunately the Extreme Players cards aren't actually numbered so one would have to go through checklist name by name which was a nightmare.
Long story short, both of these sets were a long time in the making for me.

I also believe there's an error in the set.
Beckett lists card #100 as Denny Martinez but I've never seen one in any of the Silver, Bronze or Gold. I do have a John Valentin in the Silver and the Bronze and he's not listed on the checklist, so I don't know if they confused the two players or what.
After going through everything today I believe I've finished the Silver set but found that I was still missing the Travis Fryman Bronze.
Hopefully it'll be easy to find and I can put these two sets to rest.
This was one of those projects that will never be worth what I've put into it, but it was fun (if not frustrating without card numbers) and I've debated over the years at putting the Gold set together.
After taking a look at ending prices on Ebay, I can definitely say I won't be "going for the gold".
Anyways again, sorry about bumping this old thread up. I just thought it was interesting that it popped up in my search.

David

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
There was rumors back then that errors/Parallel includes the Bronze/Silver/Gold placement on the left or right side of the card. I have never seen a Ripken error like this and I'm not even sure if it's true. Maybe someone on here can show a scan of the same player with the B/S/G on both sides?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I know it's not the point of the thread but the gold extreme winner exchange cards were, and probably still are one of my favorite sets, so cool.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
96STADIUMCLUBBRONZE.jpg
96STADIUMCLUBSILVER.jpg
96STADIUMCLUBGOLD.jpg

There was rumors back then that errors/Parallel includes the Bronze/Silver/Gold placement on the left or right side of the card. I have never seen a Ripken error like this and I'm not even sure if it's true. Maybe someone on here can show a scan of the same player with the B/S/G on both sides?

Don't remember the player (maybe David Justice?) - but I have seen this left / right placement variation. I haven't seen it for Grace though, and don't think every player has it.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry to bump up this 2 year old thread. but I was actually just working on this set today and was using Google to help me out with a couple questions I had. Google sent me here.
First off, I used to post here, but it's been a long time since I've posted anything at all. I hope everyone has been doing well.
Regarding this set, it's by far the hardest set I've ever worked on. Not the base set actually, but the 180 card Bronze and 180 card Silver Extreme Players sets.
The Bronze were inserted 1/12 packs, while the Silver's were 1/24 packs. There's a Gold parallel as well that were inserted 1/48 packs, more about them in a bit.
The sets are skip numbered and parallel the base set.
Unfortunately the Extreme Players cards aren't actually numbered so one would have to go through checklist name by name which was a nightmare.
Long story short, both of these sets were a long time in the making for me.

I also believe there's an error in the set.
Beckett lists card #100 as Denny Martinez but I've never seen one in any of the Silver, Bronze or Gold. I do have a John Valentin in the Silver and the Bronze and he's not listed on the checklist, so I don't know if they confused the two players or what.
After going through everything today I believe I've finished the Silver set but found that I was still missing the Travis Fryman Bronze.
Hopefully it'll be easy to find and I can put these two sets to rest.
This was one of those projects that will never be worth what I've put into it, but it was fun (if not frustrating without card numbers) and I've debated over the years at putting the Gold set together.
After taking a look at ending prices on Ebay, I can definitely say I won't be "going for the gold".
Anyways again, sorry about bumping this old thread up. I just thought it was interesting that it popped up in my search.

David

Fryman, Travis – [MENTION=2454]The Third Eye[/MENTION], [MENTION=4111]chief7575[/MENTION]

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
96STADIUMCLUBBRONZE.jpg
96STADIUMCLUBSILVER.jpg
96STADIUMCLUBGOLD.jpg

Don't remember the player (maybe David Justice?) - but I have seen this left / right placement variation. I haven't seen it for Grace though, and don't think every player has it.

Looking through mine I see several that have the Extreme Player logo an both sides of the cards.
I think I'll take a pass on trying to find any players that have the logo on both sides. lol
Like I said earlier, no card numbers on the backs of the cards made this a truly tough set to put together.
And yes Magicpapa, Fryman Bronze will finish the sets for me, Thank you.

Ironically I think I sent the Fryman's and the Edmond's to player collectors long ago when I first started working on this project.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Cool looking cards. I have the Thome Bronze, and still looking for the silver and gold. As far as the logo goes I think SC just put the logo wherever it fit best on the cards.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
[MENTION=3766]bongo870[/MENTION]

Have you finished this set?

IF not, I think I've got a couple, I'll check if they're on your needs...

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Looking through mine I see several that have the Extreme Player logo an both sides of the cards.
I think I'll take a pass on trying to find any players that have the logo on both sides. lol
Like I said earlier, no card numbers on the backs of the cards made this a truly tough set to put together.
And yes Magicpapa, Fryman Bronze will finish the sets for me, Thank you.

Ironically I think I sent the Fryman's and the Edmond's to player collectors long ago when I first started working on this project.

I did have a double of one of these. I'll check to see if I have the bronze. Was away for a while and just noticed this thread.

Greg

Members online