Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Went to the Goodwill in Ely for the first time since probably early December. Luckily I went to grab a basket, as things were actually piling up and looked at the hat rack. This is what I found, all at $1.99 each:

All of the hats are Nike Flex Fit. I think for $8 and some change I did rather well :p

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
Is that Kansas jay hawks a sports specialties??? May be a nice profit if it is

It is a Sports Specialties in pretty good what appears worn condition too. I had a Cowboys Sports Specialties hat in the 90's that I beat the hell out of, I don't know how people keep stuff like this in such good condition while wearing it.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Woody Hayes and the 100-Yard War - signed by author Jerry Brondfield - $2.99
th_hayes1_zps48d18bcc.jpg
th_hayes3_zps6d4c62fe.jpg

I found the same book a year or so ago.....wish it were signed by Woody ;)

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
...mine was found in Waterville. 1975 signing at the Bangor Mall :lol::lol:...good luck with your auction (just found it on Ebay)......

Thanks!
Through the years I have been slimming my collection down to just cards and I am now working on making that collection a little smaller too. The hardest thing about buying/selling this thrift store stuff is selling it because I want to keep almost all of it. Especially the non clothes items.

If I saved everything I wanted it wouldn't be long before I would have my own Hoarders episode. ;)

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
Had a pretty huge haul last week and again today.

Biggest hits last week were about 20 vintage concert tee's from the 70's and 80's. Already sold 3 for just under $200 based on previous sales I'm looking at about $800-1000 on a $20 investment.

That Ohio State jacket I picked up sold for $130 the other day.

Gonna go out again tomorrow

Members online