Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My 1888 N162 Goodwin Champions Cap Anson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
I've been wanting to work this one for a while, so I slowly chipped away at it over the past few months. Pieces like this get me back to the foundation of why I do this anyway - to trade the junk era commons for dream cards. It measures approximately 17"x27", and over 1,200 late 80's/early 90's commons were used as the medium.

image_zpsmccm0p4q.jpg

image_zpsbi1wpjjd.jpg

image_zpsf3ydu2sr.jpg

image_zpscwqfeu24.jpg

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Every time u post one of your pieces I think that it can't get better than that, then u prove me wrong. Another fantastic work of art, you're the absolute best sir!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Tim, if you're up for it, I'd like to do a story about this piece, your method, and you and post it on my website www.capanson.com. Do you mind me sending you some questions to answer?

Obviously, I love it. Its subject is by far my favorite Anson card!

Brad W.

38846_599x1013.jpg

Last edited:

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Thanks, everyone!

Tim, if you're up for it, I'd like to do a story about this piece, your method, and you and post it on my website www.capanson.com. Do you mind me sending you some questions to answer?

Obviously, I love it. Its subject is by far my favorite Anson card!

Brad W.

38846_599x1013.jpg

Holy Moly....is that 8 yours?!?! It is my plan to take the funds from this piece and buy me a PSA 2 with awesome eye appeal. Make the "trade" go full circle. Certainly on the article - fire away! Email me the questions at: [email protected]. Thanks!

Tim

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Thanks, everyone!

Holy Moly....is that 8 yours?!?! It is my plan to take the funds from this piece and buy me a PSA 2 with awesome eye appeal. Make the "trade" go full circle. Certainly on the article - fire away! Email me the questions at: [email protected]. Thanks!

Tim

No, no, no ... not mine. That's one of the finest examples out there. Just posted it for comparison to your composition. Both are quite striking! Man, if that will get you an Anson PSA2, that's awesome!

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
One your finest pieces yet! Awesome job replicating the various hues on his shirt and on the sunset background.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Thanks for the plug on the site, Brad. Totally honored! By the way....prints will be coming soon. I'll get you the details as soon as I get the print run, etc.

Tim

Members online

Latest posts