Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

********Good Morning Thread ~ Thursday 2/11********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well evening all... Lets change the direction of the thread hopefully.

For those who have ever hit a wall on collecting (in my case, player collecting of Clark) and lost interest. Any tips to get through it or did you just move on? I don't want to give up, but maybe losing interest the last 6 months or so. Wish I could re motivate myself.

Ryan

I ran into that after Denard Span was traded from the Twins to the Nationals before the 2013 season. I told myself I was going to collect all of his cards, then it changed to just his Twins cards, and now I just collect his GU stuff, which I don't really have much to add to that since I already have a game used jersey, bat, hat, and locker tag. So I kept some of my Span cards that I really like and sold some others for more than I thought I could get. I'm now focusing on HOF autos for the PC and more on signed memorabilia and TTM stuff since its fun to open the mailbox not knowing if something is going to be in there or not

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Are you referring to the Doerr card that I offered to give you for your daughter's vintage jersey collection?

Ok, holy ****.

I am feeling like the south end of a north-bound horse right now.

I won a Dawson 2005 Century Stamp card on ebay...and then got your package today, and was like...WTF?

So I send the ebay seller a message saying "hey I got the wrong card", and he is a complete f'ing ****** in his response.

I was getting replies from you and messages from the seller within the same time frame, so I totally thought you were f'ing with me.

I had completely forgotten about the Doerr card, so please accept my sincere apology, and heartfelt thanks for adding to my daughter's vintage g/u collection!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...:lol:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

For those who have ever hit a wall on collecting (in my case, player collecting of Clark) and lost interest. Any tips to get through it or did you just move on? I don't want to give up, but maybe losing interest the last 6 months or so. Wish I could re motivate myself.

Ryan

I have lost interest in collecting in general a couple of times, especially after Topps got the exclusive license.

Basically I just waited until some cards came along that piqued my interest again.

I also collect records, so it's kind of easy to just do something else for a while.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Ok, holy ****.

I am feeling like the south end of a north-bound horse right now.

I won a Dawson 2005 Century Stamp card on ebay...and then got your package today, and was like...WTF?

So I send the ebay seller a message saying "hey I got the wrong card", and he is a complete f'ing ****** in his response.

I was getting replies from you and messages from the seller within the same time frame, so I totally thought you were f'ing with me.

I had completely forgotten about the Doerr card, so please accept my sincere apology, and heartfelt thanks for adding to my daughter's vintage g/u collection!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...:lol:

Haha no worries at all! Hopefully it all works out with the seller then! And like I said with the Doerr, I just wanted an auto, got the entire lot at a fair price and figured I'd pass it on to others

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

Ryan

I had to leave player collecting to keep in the hobby. I'm a bigger fan of set building. Collecting Bonds, Arod, Clemens and Brandon Wood ended up money pits. Too many 1/1s to keep it interesting for me

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Player collecting served a few lessons for me. Spending to much, never feeling like I was gaining any ground because of the endless parallels, and quality. Burnout was huge for me and very happy that I switched to a lesser available pc. Keeps the hunt interesting

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for the feedback guys. With Clark I had already taken the 1/1s out of the equation and had set a 2005 cutoff for the "Supercollecting" side. Anything past 2005 would need to be really appealing for the most part to purchase. I think I have a pretty large Clark Collection but then when I look at my "needs" list it's still pretty long and can be overwhelming. And being that the things I'm missing can be really hard to find or costly. So once you enter the I want it all phase and know you can't or prob won't get there it takes some steam out of it. I've tried picking up some non-Clark stuff but lose focus as the items I want non-Will have big time $ associated with em'. Just thought I'd vent a lil', thanks for listening.

Ryan

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
My collecting hasn't changed in as long as I can remember. My interest has faded and returned numerous times. When I'm in a collecting lull, I just keep the door to my Mets room closed. My interest usually comes back as the next baseball season gets cranked up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts