Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
7XUmksf.jpg

What's the story with this? Not familiar...

bisioml

Nov 13, 2013
What's the story with this? Not familiar...

Not sure what answer your searching for, but hopefully this will help. There are 2 different samples from this set of Junior: a regular sample and a gold rush sample of the base card in the set. The gold rush is much more scarce, however exactly how much is unknown. I also have not been able to find much info on these and didn't know they existed until I picked up mine a few years back.

I'll always be a 'Kid'...like THE 'KID'!

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Not sure what answer your searching for, but hopefully this will help. There are 2 different samples from this set of Junior: a regular sample and a gold rush sample of the base card in the set. The gold rush is much more scarce, however exactly how much is unknown. I also have not been able to find much info on these and didn't know they existed until I picked up mine a few years back.
It took me forever to find the Bagwell gold rush sample. And it's still the only one I've ever seen!
Thanks for the info.
[MENTION=4682]RustyGreerFan[/MENTION] I saw the card listed today and noticed it was the only one ever to hit COMC, none listed or completed on ebay, and none on the PSA pop report. Posted it here to see what you all knew, honestly. Happy I was able to pick it up :)

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
I was looking at a page in the middle, Orlac posted. I thought I was replying with his post attached. Haha. I am looking for a 99 Jeter /25 to my collection.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Regarding the 1994 Score Gold Rush Samples, here's the info from basecardpedia.com.

This 19-card promo set was distributed to dealers, and mass-market retailers, in three or four-card packs to promote 1994 Score Baseball. Each dealer received one basic promo, one Gold Rush promo, a Barry Larkin Dream Team promo, and an unnumbered ad-card. Retail packs contained one base, one Gold Rush, and an ad-card. The word "SAMPLE" is printed diagonally across the front and back of each card.
1 Barry Bonds
1GR Barry Bonds
2 John Olerud
2GR John Olerud
3 Ken Griffey, Jr.
3GR Ken Griffey, Jr.
4 Jeff Bagwell
4GR Jeff Bagwell
5 John Burkett
5GR John Burkett
6 Jack McDowell
6GR Jack McDowell
7 Albert Belle
7GR Albert Belle
8 Andres Galarraga
8GR Andres Galarraga
DT5 Barry Larkin
NNO Retail Ad Card
NNO Hobby Ad Card

From this info it seems like the Gold Rush cards shouldn't be that much more scarce than the regular cards. The Larkin DT's should be pretty plentiful since each dealer pack supposedly contained one.

bisioml

Nov 13, 2013
I've still seen more red crusades pop up than that card. That's saying something!

Great point! And that is the very reason why I love my sample/promo/prototype collection!!!

Some are very common and some I've only seen once or twice!

I'll always be a 'Kid'...like THE 'KID'!

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I've still seen more red crusades pop up than that card. That's saying something!

My personal take it most people think Samples are worthless so they don't even bother to list them. Then when someone puts up one, like say 93 Chase stars dufex test blank back it plummets. I bought the first one on ebay I've ever seen for $150. I've heard of everyone saying how rare it is blah blah. After I bought that one the floodgates opened, and boom I've seen 10 POp up and the last one I sold got I think $35. So I guess i would say sampled Are cool as long as long as you don't spend a ton on them unless you had concrete print runs

So so yes some are rare, but I would assume a lot are sitting in common boxes across the world.

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
My personal take it most people think Samples are worthless so they don't even bother to list them. Then when someone puts up one, like say 93 Chase stars dufex test blank back it plummets. I bought the first one on ebay I've ever seen for $150. I've heard of everyone saying how rare it is blah blah. After I bought that one the floodgates opened, and boom I've seen 10 POp up and the last one I sold got I think $35. So I guess i would say sampled Are cool as long as long as you don't spend a ton on them unless you had concrete print runs

So so yes some are rare, but I would assume a lot are sitting in common boxes across the world.

Seeing as how I live in Houston, and have been looking through boxes of Bagwell cards at every show and every card shop, you'd think if they were somehow plentiful, I'd have seen more. If indeed this card is truly kind of a rinky dink common, well...that's the only astros cards you can seem to find around here because everything good get's snapped up right away. But there are plenty of people selling base cards and cheesy inserts of Bagwell around here. Enough to where between that and all the lots I've purchased as well as singles I've got, I should have seen at least a few. I'd be curious as to how many Astroburn has seen. And I agree not many people think they are worth much(I snapped mine up so fast the seller was probably wondering wth?) and may not list them in droves, but base cards for Bagwell have been and continue to be listed in insane quantities on ebay. Cards that will never even be purchased at opening bid or at the BIN price, free shipping be damned! So the fact that this card just does not show up has me scratching my head.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I was pretty happy to get this back in October. These are gorgeous in hand. The purple foil is a really nice touch and compliment to the overall aesthetic of these cards.
1998FlairShowcaseRow3Masterpiece3_FThomas.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Seeing as how I live in Houston, and have been looking through boxes of Bagwell cards at every show and every card shop, you'd think if they were somehow plentiful, I'd have seen more. If indeed this card is truly kind of a rinky dink common, well...that's the only astros cards you can seem to find around here because everything good get's snapped up right away. But there are plenty of people selling base cards and cheesy inserts of Bagwell around here. Enough to where between that and all the lots I've purchased as well as singles I've got, I should have seen at least a few. I'd be curious as to how many Astroburn has seen. And I agree not many people think they are worth much(I snapped mine up so fast the seller was probably wondering wth?) and may not list them in droves, but base cards for Bagwell have been and continue to be listed in insane quantities on ebay. Cards that will never even be purchased at opening bid or at the BIN price, free shipping be damned! So the fact that this card just does not show up has me scratching my head.

I have never seen it before, and I am almost certain that I saw it on COMC. And knowing me, I would have hit buy it now and not bother with an offer. But it wasnt a horrible price, otherwise I wouldnt have bought it. You know me, im frugal. ;)

Members online