Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Saw only one today, a Bernie Williams, pattern 56. If you need it let me know. I will look for more tomorrow

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
http://www.beckett.com/news/2014/05/first-look-2014-topps-high-tek-baseball-cards/

Maybe I'm the last one to see the announcement of the 2014 "High" Tek November 2014 release. The High apparently refers to the price. But could also refer to one needing to be high or tripping to appreciate many of the psychedelic card designs in the otherwise familiar acetate format. Topps will also be reprising the name "diffractor" in a number of new and very colorful incarnations. They will also be salting the packs with some original Teks from 1998 to 2000. I haven't seen a checklist, but they are talking about 100 players in the base set with nine patterns each, then who knows how many other players are represented on a seemingly infinite number of special cards. I can see from a few of the samples shown that include Cal Ripken and Mariano Rivera that there will be at least some retired stars included in the release.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
http://www.beckett.com/news/2014/05/first-look-2014-topps-high-tek-baseball-cards/

Maybe I'm the last one to see the announcement of the 2014 "High" Tek November 2014 release. The High apparently refers to the price. But could also refer to one needing to be high or tripping to appreciate many of the psychedelic card designs in the otherwise familiar acetate format. Topps will also be reprising the name "diffractor" in a number of new and very colorful incarnations. They will also be salting the packs with some original Teks from 1998 to 2000. I haven't seen a checklist, but they are talking about 100 players in the base set with nine patterns each, then who knows how many other players are represented on a seemingly infinite number of special cards. I can see from a few of the samples shown that include Cal Ripken and Mariano Rivera that there will be at least some retired stars included in the release.

From what I can tell Albert Belle and Andre Dawson will be in the set also

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts