Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I happened to wander over to Comc right when those popped up I think. Their pricing is so random it takes me a second to tell if things are 3x too cheap or 3x too high! I did snag the Piazza lumberjack so if anyone on here needs it shoot me a pm.

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I don't know what they went for but I couldn't see the Griffey being worth more than $30. I sold a xxxx of a $5 Griffey insert before and it brought $30

It really depends on the player. Executive Promos were really popular amongst myself and a couple of old-timers in the Frank Thomas world, then some younger blood came in and drove the prices up from $50-ish to hundreds. They've settled back below $100 again, since some of those players are no longer in the market, but prices are still elevated. Like you though, I've seen Griffeys go for very reasonable prices at auction.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
The two Elite Puckett's that I won on eBay were both north of $100. May have even been over $150, I don't remember anymore.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
The two Elite Puckett's that I won on eBay were both north of $100. May have even been over $150, I don't remember anymore.

Most players sell very well. The 1996 and 1997's have multiple copies but I've yet to see a duplicate from Donruss products on their 1998 *** proofs for any player.

WESTLAKE

Jan 11, 2015
As suspected, the stars, while tough to find and sometimes costly, eventually surface. It's those damn commons!

Had only seen one of these and was not high bidder on ebay. Found it on sportlots for $20.

attachment.php

Also picked up the Andruw Jones GY which I had never seen before.

Glad I could help you out !

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Well, I got one of the execs today. The other was overpriced as compared to the last copy that sold for $80 a few months ago on eBay. They'll be more.

Members online