Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whatever......Night Crew Ep. 10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
We will meet up one of these days when the opportunity presents itself.

I tried to get [MENTION=3743]AmishDave[/MENTION] drunk a few months ago when we met up in St. Louis and went to a Cardinals game, but he apparently doesn’t drink.

Not sure if this link will work.

18622410_10158864980270457_3533963903194750115_n.jpg

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Hey guys,

Been digging through old newspapers (online) doing research on a ***** League player (Dick "Cannonball" Redding) and can't get over what people were ok saying and writing back then (of course they were ok with blacks not voting or playing in the Majors so it was a bit of a different time.)

Referring to the owner of the Baccarach Giants and the manager of the semi-pro Pittsburgh Stars: "Mr. Connor and Grant Homerun Johnson - our own Grant- are great friends. Each would take off the shirt on his back for the other's benefit. They'd almost die for each other. You see, down in their big hearts they're both white - and square - friendship built on that basis is a lasting fraternity." - The Buffalo Commercial 8/18/1919

So crazy...

Language is an indictment of common thought and this is really a snapshot of the times- almost 70 years after the civil war and northern press taboot- yet remarkably racist and dismissive.

I've been building the Goudey Indian set--- at one point the copy on the back of the cards got to me too me to point where I set it aside for years--I've returned to it as it is it s snap shot of history but the language is remarkable. A generation of boys learned about American Natives by copy on the back of bubble gum cards

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Racism is still very relevant here in the south. It's crazy how the hatred is still flowing thru the veins of so many people.

It exists everywhere. And it’s a learned behavior. Racism will stop when people want it to stop, until then it will exist.

I look at my three year old daughter who’s best friend at her day care is black, and she begged and begged us to buy her a specific black American Girl doll, which she named a Alicia for some reason. I look at her and wonder when that ****’s going to be put into her head by whoever, and how she will react to it. Hopefully I set a good enough example for her that she responds well.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It exists everywhere. And it’s a learned behavior. Racism will stop when people want it to stop, until then it will exist.

I look at my three year old daughter who’s best friend at her day care is black, and she begged and begged us to buy her a specific black American Girl doll, which she named a Alicia for some reason. I look at her and wonder when that ****’s going to be put into her head by whoever, and how she will react to it. Hopefully I set a good enough example for her that she responds well.

That's awesome.

As someone who is Jewish I definitely know there's more than enough hate to go around for anyone who is viewed as different. All we can do is look to spread tolerance, understanding and love (unless of course they root for an opposing team.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online