Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC card prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I'm done on comc as well. Finished up my last purchases and had it all shipped with their recent shipping deal when they changed to the new site. I think I have $0.01 left on my account. Too bad they messed with a good thing.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I just haven't seen many new items listed for my guys lately. Have new listings for other guys collected here slowed too? And yes, it seems like you can't find a deal on there anymore. My visits to the site have decreased dramatically.

Yes, I used to check several times a day and there'd be new listings for at least a couple of my players. Now I only check every other day or so and there doesn't seem to be any new listings

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I've noticed Belle cards being added dramatically declined recently! I also find the new site not appealing and I've stopped going to it daily if not weekly... I almost forget to check it. I don't understand all the new rules and things either. O well... as someone already said above, sucks they had to mess with a good thing...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
LOL!! Because of this thread, I logged into COMCs under my log-in for the first time since the change over...

I noticed... and I know this has probably been there from the start but you can use your credit toward BO gift cards? Catch is they charge a FEE hahahaha! Got to be kidding me...

$25 for $30
$50 for $60
$100 for $120
$250 for $290
$1000 for $1150!

This is insane... talk about a HUGE fee... $150 fee to buy a gift card for $1000!?!??! That's 15%! WOw...

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
What I see is people who buy boxes for $200 a box trying to get $20 for an card instead of $10 and only losing $180 vs $190..

One reason I won't be selling on COMC.. Every thread I see about people XXXXXing about the high prices are usually pissing and moaning over small amounts..(anything under $25 is a small amount!)

If you want the $10 card that sold on EBAY vs the $20 card sold on COMC.. buy the damn card on EBAY..

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
What I see is people who buy boxes for $200 a box trying to get $20 for an card instead of $10 and only losing $180 vs $190..

One reason I won't be selling on COMC.. Every thread I see about people XXXXXing about the high prices are usually pissing and moaning over small amounts..(anything under $25 is a small amount!)

If you want the $10 card that sold on EBAY vs the $20 card sold on COMC.. buy the damn card on EBAY..

And that's typically what we're doing. The fact remains, though that COMC used to be a nice place to pick up bulk lots of lower end cards -- ie under $25. and save on shipping. As you well know, in prospecting, it's easy for a $5 card to turn to a $15 card. On eBay, that $5 card is $8 with shipping. On COMC, it's $5.25 or so, if you can split shipping with 20 other cards. Now, the sellers are charging a good deal more than eBay.

We're just complaining about the way things used to be.

Back in my day.......

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I hate sellers on comc who piss and moan about buyers buying their cards on ebay for half the price. Goes both ways.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
And that's typically what we're doing. The fact remains, though that COMC used to be a nice place to pick up bulk lots of lower end cards -- ie under $25. and save on shipping. As you well know, in prospecting, it's easy for a $5 card to turn to a $15 card. On eBay, that $5 card is $8 with shipping. On COMC, it's $5.25 or so, if you can split shipping with 20 other cards. Now, the sellers are charging a good deal more than eBay.

We're just complaining about the way things used to be.

Back in my day.......

By the way, I got the Purple Refractor in yesterday..

He's been pitching in the Carribean League and he just got married this past week..

I'm hoping he does well enough to make it to the Nats!

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Looking at Gwynn memorabilia cards on COMC sparked this thread. The overpriced cards on COMC make me not want to even risk purchasing store credit if the seller declines my offer.

Here are a few examples
2012 Topps Museum Collection Momentous Material Jumbo Relics #TG - Tony Gwynn/50

COMC asking $25.20 2012 Topps Museum Collection Momentous Material Jumbo Relics #TG - Tony Gwynn/50 - COMC
Sold on Ebay for $10.99 shipped 2012 Topps Museum Momentous Jumbo Jersey MMJR TG Tony Gwynn 21 50 Padres | eBay

2011 Topps Tribute Triple Relics Green #TG - Tony Gwynn/75

COMC asking $20.25 2011 Topps Tribute Triple Relics Green #TG - Tony Gwynn/75 - COMC

Sold on Ebay for $7.25 shipped Tony Gwynn 2011 Topps Tribute Triple Game Jersey TTR TG 58 75 | eBay

2012 Topps Tribute Retired Remnants Relics #TG - Tony Gwynn/99

COMC asking $15.99 2012 Topps Tribute Retired Remnants Relics #TG - Tony Gwynn/99 - COMC
Sold on Ebay for $8.00 shipped 2012 Topps Tribute Tony Gwynn Game Used Relic Jersey 80 99 | eBay
Perhaps these are just Raines fans screwing over Gwynn fans out of spite ;)

The cards I've gotten on there were actually pretty good bargains compared to eBay, but it was for lesser known players, so take that for what it's worth.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Did any of those lesser known players happen to be Tim Raines?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I didn't think that they charged anything for a BO gift certificate.

Man, I REALLY want to send them some stuff, but it just seems like I hear more and more negative things.

I will probably send 250 cards in and roll the dice.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
There has been a significant change in both the number of new cards being listed, and the overall pricing. COMC had been great for finding great prices on low end autos, parallels, etc. I've noticed over the last few months a couple of the bigger sellers who I most frequently bought from had been liquidating their inventory or stopped adding new cards. Most of the bigger sellers on the site rarely negotiate their prices, and have been trying to corner the market on a lot of cards. As a low end buyer, I've still been able to get some nice prices during the Black Friday sale and the end of year free shipping special, but my buying has decreased from a significant amount to maybe $10-20 a month on COMC. I'm hoping perhaps prices level out again as inventory starts to stagnate.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I am so sick of the lack of counteroffers and flat out denials...

It's one thing if it's an auto denial. I can accept that. But to "hold" the $ for a day and then just deny it... pisses me off.

2wrigley

Aug 7, 2008
Did they add the book values back to the new site? I hadn't been there since the changeover, but had been reading all the posts that said they weren't there. I just logged and it looks like all of the cards list a book value. I've never had any type of a Beckett subscription, so it's definitely not because of that. Just curious if everyone was seeing prices and if this is permanent now with the new site? It does make some of the prices look pretty out of whack when the book value next to the sale price is 20% (or more) lower.

Robert

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
Did they add the book values back to the new site? I hadn't been there since the changeover, but had been reading all the posts that said they weren't there. I just logged and it looks like all of the cards list a book value. I've never had any type of a Beckett subscription, so it's definitely not because of that. Just curious if everyone was seeing prices and if this is permanent now with the new site? It does make some of the prices look pretty out of whack when the book value next to the sale price is 20% (or more) lower.

Robert

I see it too. Cool.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I also just realized that "BV" is now listed. Maybe COMC is listening to customer's comments. Despite how inaccurate BV can be, it does give you a reference point from which to work when setting your price as a seller or when making an offer as a buyer.

As for the return of BV making some sellers' prices look out of whack, an example from the price range I generally shop in:

1357524330946.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
I am so sick of the lack of counteroffers and flat out denials...

It's one thing if it's an auto denial. I can accept that. But to "hold" the $ for a day and then just deny it... pisses me off.

I think the fact that COMC "holds" the money when you make an offer is one of the best features of the site. It discourages really wacky offers from buyers who don't want to sit on their money waiting for a seller to respond.

RipitRipken

Jan 4, 2013
I just sent in my first batch to COMC...I'm excited to see how I do. I stuck to numbered cards, scrub autos and patches and inserts. I threw in some higher dollar (relative term) to also see how they do. I've heard from several veteran users that some cards sell for a LOT more on COMC than they would on ebay.

Also I have noticed that you can pick up some things for MUCH cheaper on COMC than ebay. I have about 20 cards (mainly autos) that I opted to not sell on COMC because ebay was higher. This usually only happens when there's like 10+ cards on COMC. For example, my Bowman Sterling autos....all higher on ebay haha. (2008 and 2009)

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Damn I just checked my COMC and I have over 650 cards I've purchased just sitting there. It's going to cost $165.90 to get them shipped to me :eek:

Hopefully they have a bulk shipping special at the end of them month.

Members online

Latest posts