Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm sure u guys know this, but he played in the Yankee old timers day game today.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
Question for Rickey Henderson fans. I recently got from a fellow Red Sox collector a 2005 Donruss Champions Impression Material card #313 , featuring Rickey in a Red Sox uniform. It is #'d to 219. I usually use Beckett as a reference for the exact naming of the card for my spreadsheet. Not that this should surprise me, but this particular card is not listed by them. Anyone know anything about this card? They have listed all of his other Material cards featuring Yankees, Mariners, A's, Padres and Dodgers, but not this material card. I have seen one sold on eBay, but was just letting the curiousity getting the better of me. Figured this group might be able to help! (Probably just another miserable job of Beckett having an accurate data base). Thanks for your help.

Wayne

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Okay Rickey collectors (or anyone else, all are welcome to comment of course), my wife asked me what my favorite card of his is, and it got me thinking...

What are your three favorite Henderson cards? In your collection or not, it matters not.

Mine are:
1. Chong Modesto for sentimental reasons, value and rarity. It is kind of an ugly card but I love it!
2. 1980 Topps rookie, love the picture and the memory of how I got my first one.
3. This is where it all falls apart, there have been many cool cards, some totally awesome patches, bat knobs/nameplates and a few really cool designs from certain card companies. Possibly this one for me as number 3, maybe...

It is a 1/1 and I always loved the black refractor and patch pieces together.

h2oya311

Feb 14, 2013
The 'burbs of Phoenix
(1) 1982 Topps Blackless
(2) 1980 Topps
(3) 1977 Chong
(4) 1984 Mel Ramos Pro-Arts (still on my want list)
(5) 1993 Finest Refractor

i had to extend it to a top 5 list to make this a real challenge! Top three were "no-brainers" to me. Many would argue that his '82 Topps is one of the most classic/iconic cards in existence. I'd tend to agree, but Blackless trumps the base card by a mile.

I, personally, wouldn't put any card after 2000-01 on my top 20 list, no matter how rare.

Last edited:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Okay Rickey collectors (or anyone else, all are welcome to comment of course), my wife asked me what my favorite card of his is, and it got me thinking...

What are your three favorite Henderson cards? In your collection or not, it matters not.

Mine are:
1. Chong Modesto for sentimental reasons, value and rarity. It is kind of an ugly card but I love it!
2. 1980 Topps rookie, love the picture and the memory of how I got my first one.
3. This is where it all falls apart, there have been many cool cards, some totally awesome patches, bat knobs/nameplates and a few really cool designs from certain card companies. Possibly this one for me as number 3, maybe...

It is a 1/1 and I always loved the black refractor and patch pieces together.

Some great patches on that card. Congrats!

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I've posted in this thread only a handful of times but read it every time one of you post. I'm not a Rickey collector but instead just a lifelong baseball card collector. However, I really enjoy seeing your collections, reading your stories and yes Rickey was a phenomenal player. I have a Chong in the hands of PSA right now and I'm anxious to share with you the results once I learn them. I already have one so depending on the results one of the 2 will probably go up for sale. Happy 4th of July!

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
I've posted in this thread only a handful of times but read it every time one of you post. I'm not a Rickey collector but instead just a lifelong baseball card collector. However, I really enjoy seeing your collections, reading your stories and yes Rickey was a phenomenal player. I have a Chong in the hands of PSA right now and I'm anxious to share with you the results once I learn them. I already have one so depending on the results one of the 2 will probably go up for sale. Happy 4th of July!

I hope to see the results of the submission as well! Hope it is as high a grade as possible. I read your A-Rod most wanted list, not asking for much are ya?:D Good luck finding those.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Hey Fellas, hope everyone is doing well. Anyone trying to complete the Panini rainbow? I have a few, looking for the Orange die cut, the Red, Gold. This is the first new product I have got since 2011. I like them.

Recently picked up the 1998 Pinnacle Sample Stand up Guys, that was a tough one!

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Hey Fellas, hope everyone is doing well. Anyone trying to complete the Panini rainbow? I have a few, looking for the Orange die cut, the Red, Gold. This is the first new product I have got since 2011. I like them.

Recently picked up the 1998 Pinnacle Sample Stand up Guys, that was a tough one!

I like these as well. Only bought purple.

Members online

Latest posts