Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

@@@@@@@@@@@@WEDNESDAY 2/18 MORNING THREAD@@@@@@@@@@@@

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Haha, well considering that its going to be school cafeteria food, I don't know what it will be, considering in the time I went to school there (little over 2 years) I never once at food there. After I graduated they change their food program completely, and have times when businesses and restaurants around town bring in food. But either way, I won't argue about the free food :lol: When he told me that lunch was on him, I thanked him and mentioned that I am a struggling college student so every bit helps. His response was "well, I'm a struggling teacher so get used to it." I got a kick out of that one :lol:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I've wanted one of these for my Zimmer PC for a long time, but couldn't find a nice condition one until now. Many had perforated eye holes punched out or were creased. This one is mint condition.

zim_nestlemask2004.jpg

The back story: Zimmer left the Yankees at the end of the 2003 season, publicly feuding with George Steinbrenner. The Tampa Bay Rays welcomed him onboard for the 2004 season, and cooked up one of the more memorable stadium giveaways. The Yankees came to town for the opening series, and on April 7, 2004, the Rays held Don Zimmer Face Mask Day. The promotion helped welcome Zimmer to Tampa Bay, and was also a none-too-subtle jab at Steinbrenner. Imagine the Boss staring at all those Zimmer mugs in the crowd!

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I've wanted one of these for my Zimmer PC for a long time, but couldn't find a nice condition one until now. Many had perforated eye holes punched out or were creased. This one is mint condition.

zim_nestlemask2004.jpg

The back story: Zimmer left the Yankees at the end of the 2003 season, publicly feuding with George Steinbrenner. The Tampa Bay Rays welcomed him onboard for the 2004 season, and cooked up one of the more memorable stadium giveaways. The Yankees came to town for the opening series, and on April 7, 2004, the Rays held Don Zimmer Face Mask Day. The promotion helped welcome Zimmer to Tampa Bay, and was also a none-too-subtle jab at Steinbrenner. Imagine the Boss staring at all those Zimmer mugs in the crowd!

Awesome. Love it

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Ouch. Just took delivery of my entire eTopps portfolio, which has been sitting with Topps for what, 12 years? Shipping was redonkulous. The whole first series Baseball Classics set is pretty cool though. Guess part of the cost I can chalk up to storage. eTopps = not a good investment.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Ouch. Just took delivery of my entire eTopps portfolio, which has been sitting with Topps for what, 12 years? Shipping was redonkulous. The whole first series Baseball Classics set is pretty cool though. Guess part of the cost I can chalk up to storage. eTopps = not a good investment.

I know they changed the shipping a while back. Is it still something like $6 per card, no discounts?

I love the eTopps but I only buy them second-hand with someone else taking the hit.

Only Wieters Topps card so far BTW...

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good evening all!

Howdy fellas. Been a busy day. Did get some mail though. Frazier is a box topper /25

View attachment 46566
View attachment 46567
View attachment 46568

Continued nice pickups!

zim_nestlemask2004.jpg

Great item, Brad! I totally dig oddball stuff like this.:cool:

Howdy boys!

Just got done texting with George!!

I can't remember the last time I was so excited to hear from someone... lol

Hey, Charlie! Good news about George.:)

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
[MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] and/or other Griffey guys or Sample card guys...

I recently acquired these without knowing much about them...Do I have anything here?

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1424306941.160282.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1424306961.138464.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Damn...anyone watch CSI still? We just caught up on Sundays episodes :(

Haven't watched it in years. The idea of Sam Malone leading it is kinda hard to get into.

But I am intrigued by the new Cyber one. Even if JVB is supposed to be the leader. Now Katie Holmes, that would be great!

Members online

Latest posts