Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just me or COMC shipping slowed WAY down...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Pretty simple but is it just me or did COMC shipping slow way down? I remember hitting the ship inventory button and I'd have the cards by week end. Now even with the rapid option for $2 more ($4.99) it's like one day for the email saying order received, another day or two for "packaging" email and then I haven't even got the shipping email LOL. So can they define "rapid" exactly or have I just not had enough coffee to see the spot on the site that defines the time we should wait for each option?

Again, just remember it being lightning fast and now it just seems to be at a snails pace.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
In all seriousness, I picked "rapid" and it's saying it's packaged now but "ship date" is "In the next few business days" - ummmm what? What is "rapid" about this? Why so many days to ship after packaging?

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I've been using regular shipping and its been taking over a week probably closer to two. Wasn't there a thread about the shipping department all getting sick so they fell behind, maybe it's just taking them awhile to catch back up.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Why not just ask their guy on FCB, @Moe@COMC?

- Rodrick
Good idea but I was looking for feedback too from board members and users of COMC... not just running it at a contact at COMC to get a political answer about their policies or what timing might be expected but good idea non-the-less.

Regardless of Moe's response, I'm interested if COMC users or board members here feel it's slowed WAY down. I mean 2 weeks to get cards!? Like WTF is taking so long? I chose "rapid" and that might take a week? I'm sorry but if that's the case, change the name of the system to something else because "rapid" is not 7 days or multiple business days to even ship, sorry.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
My last few COMC orders came in pretty quick, but I'm used to their old bulk shipping, which sometimes was a two-week or more wait.

I requested a shipment on 2/8, it shipped 2/13, and I got it a few days after that.

Moe@COMC

Jul 12, 2013
Redmond, WA
Hey guys, if you ever have any questions re: a specific package, you can always contact us directly and we can see what's going on with your orders. I can tell you that we've brought in some new hires to add to the shipping team, as we're aware of the slowness that's been happening and we hope the increase in the staff will help alleviate the issue.

refrank

Sep 7, 2012
My last two were sloooow to ship, actual time in USPS's hands wasn't long, the delay was waiting to pack and ship.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just to be clear, I know I can contact COMC directly but I'm using the board for a purpose to ask other members and users of COMC if I'm the only one, if others feel the way I do, etc. I think it's slowed WAY down and maybe it's just me. From the sounds of it, it's not just me and others feel the same way, which is what I was trying to figure out with the post.

[MENTION=10401]Moe@COMC[/MENTION] - Thanks for the post. Has there been an incredible pick-up in orders to be shipped and y'all either don't have the staff, infrastructure, etc.?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
@Moe@COMC - Thanks for the post. Has there been an incredible pick-up in orders to be shipped and y'all either don't have the staff, infrastructure, etc.?

I've always maintained their model is just an overly labor-intensive process so I'm not surprised that things go awry occasionally.

EDIT: Gut feeling tells me they are overwhelmed - cards are snail slow to be added to the site and now this thread about slow shipping. Nice problem for COMC to have until the negatives of being overwhelmed affects the customer experience and expectations that they lose customers or customers go to other resources first and COMC last.

Being a businessman, I can't wait to analyze how watch how things play out with the new hires. New hires in shipping to meet the demand of pulling/mailing cards will decrease their profit margins because of added expensive labor and they'll have to increase the per-card shipping fee and/or the order shipping fee to get the profit margins back.

Last edited:

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I've always maintained their model is just an overly labor-intensive process so I'm not surprised that things go awry occasionally.

EDIT: Gut feeling tells me they are overwhelmed - cards are snail slow to be added to the site and now this thread about slow shipping. Nice problem for COMC to have until the negatives of being overwhelmed affects the customer experience and expectations that they lose customers or customers go to other resources first and COMC last.

Being a businessman, I can't wait to analyze how watch how things play out with the new hires. New hires in shipping to meet the demand of pulling/mailing cards will decrease their profit margins because of added expensive labor and they'll have to increase the per-card shipping fee and/or the order shipping fee to get the profit margins back.

Or they just add the staff and leave fees as is because the staff is necessary to support the work load and maintain the service levels they advertise. I do not see any quality business raising fees because their volume/GP are increasing. A price increase typically coincides with an increase in cost not related to volume/staffing.

It would be a bad business decision to put the cost of the staff supporting the additional volume on the customers who are creating that additional volume.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
They have had to shift many of their personnel to working on creating a new catalog / database for the site (can no longer use Beckett's). This will be a good thing in the long run, but as they explained, may cause some processing and shipping delays in the short term. Sounds like they are trying to repopulate the shipping staff and get back up to a reasonable speed.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm more concerned with the fact that I bought credit, it was charged and taken from my paypal, and it hasnt been added to my account yet. two days after that I wanted a card, so I bought more credit, and that went thru, but I'm still missing my credit from the 12th...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
My last shipment, I requested on Feb 3 - they shipped out on Feb 10 - I received on February 12. It seems pretty normal.

Using which option? Sorry but 10 days is a freaking long time.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm more concerned with the fact that I bought credit, it was charged and taken from my paypal, and it hasnt been added to my account yet. two days after that I wanted a card, so I bought more credit, and that went thru, but I'm still missing my credit from the 12th...

Hmmmm that's not good

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Members online

Latest posts