Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's the Thome collector going ape on Ebay..... Time to List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've sold Classic Clippings Final Edition Replacements of Thome in the $5-8 range , but that Showcase might not have as many replacements out there

Ryan

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Correct , Fleer , at least in some cases printed multiple 1/1 replacements. Some cases dozens each

Ryan

Well you never know how many times a single card could be damaged, heh. Thanks for the info. I'm on a strange roll of finding unnumbered 1/1's but this is my first brush with Fleer. Oh well.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
That was a great pick up IMO... Especially the way Thome stuff is selling right now. Maybe do a little more research to be more confident in what you have, but if it is as you and I think it is, I would list as an eBay 1/1 ;-), high BIN and you may make quite the penny on it.

Let me guess, it was listed for like 2 Bucks. COMC doesn't let you see sale price but i am guessing it went unoticed by the seller? Either way I think you scored, congrats.

Unfortunately, just processed a shipment 2 days ago. I'd have to triple my investment to ship it alone...

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Unfortunately, just processed a shipment 2 days ago. I'd have to triple my investment to ship it alone...

Haha, so it WAS dirt cheap, I still think you may have a winner there. I couldn't find any on ebay, amazon ect. So I still may list it as a 1/1 replacement and I bet you could make a good chunk.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Nice scoop on that Thome card. I don't have it and have never seen it before. Pretty cool. There are 15 2004 Thome Showcase cards on Sportlots but they most likely are all the regular base cards. But you never know, it's easy to miss something on a card like that. Congrats on the pickup.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
What would a 99 bowman chrome int ref #d to 100 bring? I see one listed at $241 with no bites. What do you guys think a 2001 topps heritage chrome Thome go for or what should I list it for while I fish for offers?

Wish i could tell you, it all depends whether n***2 needs it. Take him out and you lose a 50% premium... if one is listed at 241 with no bites that doesnt bode well. This is just an opinion but maybe list at 125 OBO if still no bites then your guess is as good as mine.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Yo Peapod. You should have waited to ebay those... The nutty Thome collector is out of the country until the 20th. He isn't even going to see them!

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
At least now the Thome fans without Trump bankrolls have a shot at some good Thome stuff...

...or people that want to wait a week and double up.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
in case you overlooked them , check the september sales of thome's hawaii conference and chicago collection parallels.....cards that could have been had for literally 4-5 bucks dlvd at one time have been selling in the 640-660 range for the past 6 weeks....

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Holy crap, those prices are insane!!!! Pretty nice return on your investment for whoever landed those at 5-6 bucks :)

in case you overlooked them , check the september sales of thome's hawaii conference and chicago collection parallels.....cards that could have been had for literally 4-5 bucks dlvd at one time have been selling in the 640-660 range for the past 6 weeks....

Last edited:

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Holy crap, those prices are insane!!!! Pretty nice return on your investment for whoever landed those at 5-6 bucks :)

agree.....i've picked up roughly 100 to 120 assorted (baseball and football combined) at an average cost of right at $1 each dlvd and i thought i did have at least one thome , but i can't seem to locate it now....i know for a fact i've lost at least 2 thome's in the past that sold in the 4-5 range when i just didn't have the funds to chase them (or maybe the desire to pay much for what is essentially just an aftermarket card that many people feel got mass-produced by some shady folks that "acquired" the stamps long after the original print run of 5 was created for the shows)....sure wish i had chased them just a bit harder now....

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
That would be me lol and they where mostly $4! I picked up 21 total

suddenly i hate you

obviously , just kidding ...maybe....

i never really have chased any of the chicago collections of specific players .....i usually try to pick up as many as i can find in lots or those that sell at or near opening bid....if only i weren't so scattered about in my collecting habits (probably 2500-3000 different collecting goals/projects - seriously) i'd probably have waaaaay more than i do ....i do still find it funny to see so many , including big names , going for 1-2 buck plus shipping while quite a few other sellers will trot those exact same cards out week after week , month after month , and year after year at triple-digit BIN's when they know damn good and well the market for 99.9% of them is nothing even close to that....

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts