Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Newly discovered variation on '89 UD Griffey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The TM and R marks are discussed in the Errors / Variation thread . I don't post on BO but maybe you can share that info there.

Ryan

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
This is very interesting...... And sad at the same time
Who examined a 89 UD griffey PSA 9 with that much scrutiny?

Guy should be in the check fraud dept of the FBI

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
i linked the E/V thread for them over at blowout for you......if they only knew of all the obscure (and pricey) variations from the junk wax era....(fwiw , one of my biggest pet peeves are uninformed people speaking with authority and leading other uninformed souls down the wrong path due to their lack of knowledge....i'm not saying i know it all , but there are quite a few - including the guy in that thread who has only recently begun collecting ANY baseball cards - who seem to imply they do)

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
i linked the E/V thread for them over at blowout for you......if they only knew of all the obscure (and pricey) variations from the junk wax era....(fwiw , one of my biggest pet peeves are uninformed people speaking with authority and leading other uninformed souls down the wrong path due to their lack of knowledge....i'm not saying i know it all , but there are quite a few - including the guy in that thread who has only recently begun collecting ANY baseball cards - who seem to imply they do)
That must be the longest parenthetical in the history of the language.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
If you all remember, UD made a second printing of '89 UD Griffey Jr's because of the hype behind him and that card. UD says they didnt do a second printing but a whole bunch of them ended up in the market from just a handful of dealers. Also, isnt there something to the pack distributed vs the factory set ones?

Fordman

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Seems like a genuine variation to me. The R variations seems to be harder to find than the TM, but not hard to find. Kind of like the A* and B* variation on the 1992 Bowman Mariano Rivera RC.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
On COMC, it looks like there is a BGS 7.5 that has the R and a few ungraded that might be the R as well but it is hard to tell from the zoomed in scan. If the R is legit, then they do appear to be in shorter supply.

Members online