Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Updates to sortsof.com will make it your only place to search for eBay items

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
All,

I have rolled out some major changes to http://sortsof.com over the past two days. First and foremost, for those of you who aren't aware of http://sortsof.com, it is a website that allows for your search for multiple eBay items at once and compare and contrast items, in a column-by-column approach. Best of all, when you leave the site, then come back, it remembers what you had searched for!

For everyone else, I have rolled out the first version of our historical search, where you can find historic prices from items that were searched on http://sortsof.com previously. It gives you a great snap shot into some historic sales, that fall outside the 30 or 60 day window on eBay. Check it out for yourself:

http://sortsof.com/search.php

Lastly, I am just looking for input on how I can make the site better for all of my users. The site has had over 500,000 searches and close to 4,000,000 auctions cataloged for the search. Its becoming a monster of data!

Thanks to all who continue to use and support the site!

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
What's your lag time on completed auctions? Your site is becoming more and more important as it's nearly impossible to find out the BO price on a BIN on the eBay site anymore

Thanks and much appreciate the site!

-Jeff

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Is it possible to make the results of completed listings, where you could sort them high/low?

Great work as always, thanks.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
What's your lag time on completed auctions? Your site is becoming more and more important as it's nearly impossible to find out the BO price on a BIN on the eBay site anymore

Thanks and much appreciate the site!

-Jeff

For an auction that ends, the lag is under a minute for the results to appear in the completed feed.

If that auction was a best offer, there is some additional lag, about 6 hours, for the actual accepted price to populate through eBay's API. In the mean time, it just shows you the original asking price as the final price.

My guess is that eBay doesn't migrate all of that data over to their servers as its happening, rather in large clumps at designated times.

So, there is a chance that you could do a search and see one final price, then a day later see a completely different price, after their servers have updated.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Is it possible to make the results of completed listings, where you could sort them high/low?

I'd like this as well.

Gotta say, I use the site daily and it's become an invaluable resource. Thanks for the work you put into it!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Can you search by item numbers

It seems you can't Joe I just tried it with this number 131407771793 and got this

Invalid query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') LEFT JOIN completed_auctions c ON (m0.post_id = c.itemId) WHERE GROUP' at line 2

Last edited:

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
It seems you can't Joe I just tried it with this number 131407771793 and got this

Invalid query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') LEFT JOIN completed_auctions c ON (m0.post_id = c.itemId) WHERE GROUP' at line 2

Edit: Nevermind, you were using the historical search versus the active search. I see the error now.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009

I'd like this as well.

Gotta say, I use the site daily and it's become an invaluable resource. Thanks for the work you put into it!

I added an option where you can now search by Completed - Most Recent or Completed - Highest Price.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Edit: Never mind, you were using the historical search versus the active search. I see the error now.
yes because I know the number of a sold item. I was trying to get the bin price bo price. More the BO then the BIN

And I'm sure it will actually give me the true BO price because I checked one and a Best offer was excepted But I know it was not the BIN price. But that what seemed to be listed is the Original BIN. But the seller told me took a best offer. So the price shown is less then what he actually took. But he would not tell me what he took for it though.

Good Site though, I like what I see for it anyway.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
yes because I know the number of a sold item. I was trying to get the bin price bo price. More the BO then the BIN

And I'm sure it will actually give me the true BO price because I checked one and a Best offer was excepted But I know it was not the BIN price. But that what seemed to be listed is the Original BIN. But the seller told me took a best offer. So the price shown is less then what he actually took. But he would not tell me what he took for it though.

Good Site though, I like what I see for it anyway.

http://sortsof.com/item/13140777179...storm-diffractor-auto-rookie-rc-6-10-gem-mint

That's the item you are referencing?

So, if you search for item on the main site, you can choose from the drop down Completed - Most Recent or Completed - Highest Price to see the sold price and the accepted Best Offer prices.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I added an option where you can now search by Completed - Most Recent or Completed - Highest Price.

Spectacular, thanks.

Here's one for ya. On the historical search, it always hangs with a Boolean parenthetical type search:
1953 bowman mantle psa (7,8)

either of these work fine:
1953 bowman mantle psa 7
1953 bowman mantle psa 8

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
This is a great tool. Thanks for the continual enhancements to make it better.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Spectacular, thanks.

Here's one for ya. On the historical search, it always hangs with a Boolean parenthetical type search:
1953 bowman mantle psa (7,8)

either of these work fine:
1953 bowman mantle psa 7
1953 bowman mantle psa 8

Thanks! That's been on my To Do list for a while, I need to up my programming game to ensure that my logic is good to include BOOLEAN searches for my fulltext search capabilities.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I am not sure if this is the right place to put this, but - I love sortsof.com however, I am worried it is not reliable. I just bought a 1987 Leaf Buyback Canseco for $35 and it is showing on sortsof.com that it sold for $69.99

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts