Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever Had Stolen Cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
If I ever get them again I have some TTM autographs of a few of those guys I'd give you if you want.

Thanks very much for the offer! I appreciate the sentiment, but these were part of my IP/TTM Auto RC collection--which is pretty much all I collect anymore. Of course I'd love any signed RCs you would be willing to send my way, but if it's not a RC it doesn't stay in my collection long. I've sold off nearly every non RC autograph in my IP/TTM collection (in order to buy RCs to get signed or RCs already signed). If they are not RCs, another collector would appreciate them way more than I would. Still, I very much appreciate the kindness of your offer. FCB has very generous members!

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Back in 2007 my crackhead neighboor broke into our place and stole a ton of stuff, computers, jewelery, playstation, and a ton of my cards, almost 90% of what I had at the time.
Luckily I was able to get most of the cards back when he tried to sell them at a local shop (Thanks to Ron at The Bleachers Sportcards in Abington Mass!).
Never got anything else back and the police were absolutely no help. I still look for the cards that were stolen on ebay almost every day.
The one that I'm missing are in the link im my sig.
Now I keep most of my good stuff in a safe.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Back in 2007 my crackhead neighboor broke into our place and stole a ton of stuff, computers, jewelery, playstation, and a ton of my cards, almost 90% of what I had at the time.
Luckily I was able to get most of the cards back when he tried to sell them at a local shop (Thanks to Ron at The Bleachers Sportcards in Abington Mass!).
Never got anything else back and the police were absolutely no help. I still look for the cards that were stolen on ebay almost every day.
The one that I'm missing are in the link im my sig.
Now I keep most of my good stuff in a safe.

Did you have to buy them back from the shop owner?Did you press charges on neighbor?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have wanted to buy a large safe, but not sure how I would decide what would get to reside inside it and where I would put it!

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Does anyone keep their valuable cards in a safe now?

I want to invest in a nice safe for our house and would put some of my nicer stuff in it (to keep it safe (hopefully) from a burgler, fire, natural disaster). A friend of mine has his better stuff in a lock box at a bank. Only downfall to that is he never gets to look at them.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Did you have to buy them back from the shop owner?Did you press charges on neighbor?

No, the owner knew they were mine and confronted the kid, and then he ran out of the store after dropping the cards. Yes I pressed charges but the police department arrested him on different charges and never followed up with me. I left the state shortly after and it's pretty much a closed case to me now anyway.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I want to invest in a nice safe for our house and would put some of my nicer stuff in it (to keep it safe (hopefully) from a burgler, fire, natural disaster). A friend of mine has his better stuff in a lock box at a bank. Only downfall to that is he never gets to look at them.

That's why I wouldn't want a lock box at a bank.How much a good safe cost?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
No, the owner knew they were mine and confronted the kid, and then he ran out of the store after dropping the cards. Yes I pressed charges but the police department arrested him on different charges and never followed up with me. I left the state shortly after and it's pretty much a closed case to me now anyway.

At least it worked out in the end for you.Police should have added theft charges too though.

Members online