Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Custom Cards Tournament - The Pick Wins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
The mantle is awesome no question, I like the story and the connection for the jokers so I'm going for the jokers. What inspires to make a card is what makes the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
My reason for making the mantle was simple. I wanted to design the best game used auto card ever. Mantle and baseball cards just go together. I have alot of great cards in my collection, however very few actually take my breath away. This mantle simply takes my breath away. For a gane used guy like myself it's simply perfect. I'm just not sure how I could find a better looking game used card.

Just so everyone knows the patch material is taken from a in the game card. The ball I bought was a early 1980's mantle auto that I cut the sweet spot from.

I know I'm bias because it's my card, but there isn't another patch card from my collection that I would rather look at. I just love it.

Even though we are head to head here, I have to say, I love your card and vote for it over mine. Here is what does it for me...it is the way the picture continues across the binding of the card. That little detail, on a card that is already so epic, does it for me. Like I said above, it is the deserving center piece of anyone's collection.

Can you post a scan of the outside? I would love to see it.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I gotta go Mantle. It's pretty flawless, even if it is a UD Sweet Spot clone.

The Jokers card is cool in its own right, but I've never watched the show. Great story for it, love cards with a personal connection.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm voting for the jokers too. I've actually never even heard of the show (watch very little TV) but it's the epitome of what a custom should be. Looks good, it's playful, it's hand signed and has a personal connection. That's a custom card imo
The mantle is great and if I had owned it, it would be the one of the best pieces in my collection for sure. But the design isnt original and besides the wow factor of the player, doesn't stand out as a unique card.

Closest one to vote for so far for me! One sick mantle piece versus a fun custom. I predict the winner of this to wine the bracket

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I guess I will officially cast my vote for the mantle. I answer these questions in a very simple way. Which card would I rather own? The jokers card is very unique and no doubt has a personal touch to the owner, however there is no question that I would rather own the mantle. My vote is for the mantle

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Were majority of people voting on "Which card they would rather own"?

I've been judging based on which card was executed better.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Were majority of people voting on "Which card they would rather own"?

I've been judging based on which card was executed better.

It's however you want to vote. Every card I vote on in these tournaments are based on what I would rather own. I will put it another way. I personally like the 1953 topps design better then 1952 topps. However there in zero chance I would take a 1953 topps mantle over a 1952 topps mantle.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
For me, the voting is not just one single thing, it is a combination of things:

- Eye Appeal
- Story
- Pieces Used
- Player

I think all of them work together. I'd say that design takes precedence in my mind over everything else for me, which is how I typically vote, and ultimately spills into which card I would rather own.

The player subject is probably the smallest piece of the pie for me when deciding, and consequently doesn't have as much to do with which I'd rather own.

Take for instance:

My beautiful Jeter cut auto
20140620_172124.jpg

Or

My Comic Book Men book
Untitled-1.jpg

For me, Jeter is CLEARLY the big name, and while I'd get more laughs out of it in my collection, I'd get more smiles from the booklet. It is just a better design - at least I think so :)

I didn't personally vote for the Mantle because of it being Mantle. I picked it because I am clearly biased I mean...because I like the design better :) Definitely not a knock on the joker card though - I think it is great!

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I definitely vote eye appeal first, then execution, and would I rather own value wise is more of a tie breaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I guess I will officially cast my vote for the mantle. I answer these questions in a very simple way. Which card would I rather own? The jokers card is very unique and no doubt has a personal touch to the owner, however there is no question that I would rather own the mantle. My vote is for the mantle

Oh come on, you just hate the jokers, lol, ;)

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I like the jokers card but a ton of people around my area have professed that they have stolen material from other shows or radio stations? so I was a little turned off by it.

I have to go with Mantle.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
FCB Custom Cards Tournament - Bracket 4 Round 1 open until 8/11 at 11PM ET

I've been going on eye appeal, originality and personal attachments and execution as my main voting habits. That's why I loved the canseco wood and the jokers- done well and quite original

But I wouldn't want to own the jokers card. Would absolutely love to own that mantle

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts