Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Panini to offer real Puig autos!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Panini just announced they've inked an agreement for Yasiel Puig autos for Panini Authentic so we know they won't be a chance of having vaporware autos like Topps. Puig will also be making an appearance at the Natty.

Not in the Panini blog post but I saw somewhere in the last day or so.... Puig has signed on with a sports management company so I guess Topps has a better chance of getting autos for their products but the price for Puig looks like it's gone way up because the sports management company is probably no dummy.

Panini's blog post:

Panini Authentic Inks Autograph Deal with L.A. Dodgers Rookie Sensation Yasiel Puig | The Official Panini America Blog

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
sigh...sticker autos with an airbrushed picture. oh well, at least they'll sell well.

mcgoo2

May 30, 2013
This is just for memorabilia, right? I don't think it affects Topps cards in any way.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
This is just for memorabilia, right? I don't think it affects Topps cards in any way.

initially looks to be for memorabilia, but I wouldn't be surprised if it continued on Panini cards at some point.

The way I see it, it affects Topps cards -- would you rather have a Puig auto on memorabilia in the next few weeks or Panini cards eventually or a IOU from Topps for an autographed Puig trading card that will be replaced in 18-24 months with a Barry Larkin or Don Sutton auto on a redemption replacement custom card?

mcgoo2

May 30, 2013
initially looks to be for memorabilia, but I wouldn't be surprised if it continued on Panini cards at some point.

The way I see it, it affects Topps cards -- would you rather have a Puig auto on memorabilia in the next few weeks or Panini cards eventually or a IOU from Topps for an autographed Puig trading card that will be replaced in 18-24 months with a Barry Larkin or Don Sutton auto on a redemption replacement custom card?

Don't get me wrong. It is nice to know Panini will for sure have Puig autos after the National. I was more referring to the long-term. I believe Andrew Luck has a similar agreement with Panini already.

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.

Now that is what I'm talking about.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Don't get me wrong. It is nice to know Panini will for sure have Puig autos after the National. I was more referring to the long-term. I believe Andrew Luck has a similar agreement with Panini already.

True - I don't think that Puig has an exclusive deal with Panini. This is a similar deal as the one that Andrew Luck has.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Topps needs to die already.

Panini already planned to have Puig in Pinnacle--wonder if this will bode well for an auto in the product as well.

Luck's agreement with Panini isn't exclusive either; Upper Deck got Luck in a limited contract about a week ago.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I am willing to bet that Puig is a guest at the Panini VIP thing.
I believe you have to spend $6500 on their product to get an invite.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I think it's lame that you have to spend $7500 on products that they have pre-picked. Why can't you spend $7500 on any Panini product?

agree but I think they do that to help dealers with dead product. Like Crusade and USA Champions.

Members online