Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Red Sox Used Apple Watch to Steal Signs Against Yankees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Who knew that Belicheat did consulting for the BoSox?
I'm pretty meh about this. I don't see how teams get bent out of shape over sign stealing. I'm sure every team does it in some form. The Jays have been accused of employing "the man in white" serval times. Pretty ridiculous imo.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Who knew that Belicheat did consulting for the BoSox?
I'm pretty meh about this. I don't see how teams get bent out of shape over sign stealing. I'm sure every team does it in some form. The Jays have been accused of employing "the man in white" serval times. Pretty ridiculous imo.

This "man in white" has me intrigued. I must know the story behind this.

CIA involvement? Corporate espionage? Corruption at the highest level? When I hear "man in white" these are the first things that come to mind.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
This was most certainly a false flag conspiracy created by American spies to discredit Canadian sports teams. Facial recognition technology or finger print analysis from this mysterious man in white would reveal the identity of a man who has been deceased for over two decades. This is likely just the tip of the iceberg and part of a much bigger coverup.

Canada later sent a two-four of Molson to those teams that they offended.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
That's why stealing signs doesn't matter, Sox didn't do too great in that series, still have to execute even if you know what's happening. Aren't there like a billion stories of satchel Paige telling batters what he was throwing and they missed anyway?

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Yes, John Farrell was behind it all. Please fire Mr. Farrell as a punishment for the crime. Thanks

#FireFarrell

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Old news. Show me a team that isn't doing this, and I'll show you a team not trying hard enough. Just like the Patriots, they were called out by some *****es for doing something everyone else does. The Yankees just better be careful when they're cheating, not a good look to get caught doing the same thing.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Coming this fall....
iCheat.jpg

If you're not iCheating, you're not iTrying.

Last edited:

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Yes, John Farrell was behind it all. Please fire Mr. Farrell as a punishment for the crime. Thanks

#FireFarrell

This!!!

Did anyone else think this was kinda funny when reading the ESPN article:

"Sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN's Andrew Marchand that the Yankees have suspected the Red Sox were using illegal methods to steal signs for a while, but they could not prove it until the last series in Boston. The Yankees thought something was not right because the Red Sox repeatedly hit pitches hard that the Yankees felt would normally be unhittable -- especially with runners in scoring position."

Boston is batting .148 (19-for-128) against the Yankees with RISP this year....

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Sorry New York, we'll give you back all the wins we got against you this season. Oh wait, we're 8-11 vs you being outscored by 23 runs....guess we can't even cheat properly. :benson:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
In other news, it's also the first time a smart watch has been used for something other than indicating the wearer is a huge tool.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
If I read it right, the actual violation was not sign stealing (which is not even banned). It was the apple device in the dugout. Too bad, as at first I thought it was the most useful example of apple technology I read about in a long time.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Sorry New York, we'll give you back all the wins we got against you this season. Oh wait, we're 8-11 vs you being outscored by 23 runs....guess we can't even cheat properly. :benson:
We will accept the Shaw trade as your punishment

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards