Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is with this guys sales?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
apm-cards | eBay

He always has a ton of sick stuff but some of those prices in completed listings don't make any sense. Almost $200 for a Dimaggio relic #/35? $700 for the triple threads Ruth Cobb Wagner #/18??

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
The Satchel Paige patch I was watching as well as the Santo ultimate patch but both have gone way higher than I thought and after looking at his other auctions I stay away

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
I saw a couple cards last night that went stupid high of his. It does seem strange for cards to go that crazy for no reason.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
anyone talkin bout that walter johnson prime cuts?

that originally sold for $500 if i recall late last year..

apm has sick auctions but i agree..end prices on his and pwcc always so much higher..

dave

Sent from my iPhone using FCB Gangnam Style mobile app

snakebit95

Nov 20, 2010
Montgomery, AL
I would do a google search on him before you bid. I watched a few auto cards a while back (3 that ended on the same day). All three sold at decent prices at auction. Now that about 1 month has passed, all 3 of those cards were listed again and ended auction yesterday by the same seller. Hmmmm!! How could that be?? 3 non paying bidders on 3 cards i was watching from the same seller is rather unlikely.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
anyone talkin bout that walter johnson prime cuts?

that originally sold for $500 if i recall late last year..

apm has sick auctions but i agree..end prices on his and pwcc always so much higher..

dave

Sent from my iPhone using FCB Gangnam Style mobile app

The Johnson definitely seemed considering what that same exact one has sold for before, but check this other stuff out.

25 Josh Gibson 2005 Bowman Sterling Black Refractor Forbes Field Seat HOF Grays | eBay

Ty Cobb Babe Ruth Honus Wagner 2008 Topps Triple Threads HOF 3 Jersey Bat 18 SP | eBay

Barry Bonds 2005 Topps Pristine Scarce Endorsements Giants MVP Auto 22 Made SP | eBay

And check out the amount of bids, 50 bids on the Bonds, 62 bids on the Ruth Wagner Cobb. This dimaggio is just absurd.

1 35 Joe DiMaggio 2006 Upper Deck Epic Materials Yankees Pinstripe Jersey HOF SP | eBay

Those are only some of the crazy ones, a lot of suspicious others. He's got a lot of sick cards everytime he runs a big auction but you can have this 25/25 Dimaggio for $72 versus over $190

2006 Upper Deck Epic JD2 Joe DiMaggio Materials Blue Jersey 25 25 | eBay

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

After seeing that I think I dodged a huge bullet with this guy. About a year ago he had this cards, a Babe Ruth pants card usually it has a normal pants piece, I think it was #ed to 50 or to 100, but the edge of the piece had what was a clear air hole. So he advertised that card as a Babe Ruth button hole and even though I knew it was an air hole I still bid and went up to $900. The card ended at $905 I was the next highest bidder so at the time I was pretty pissed since I've got a few cards like that. But now I'm thinking it might have been a fake

A_Pharis

You know. Come to think of it I recall when he was brought up on patch faking. The Dimaggio is pretty solid, too, unless someone just NEEDED the /35 to complete the "rainbow"... especially since you could have had the /25 for under half that. Doesn't help that the under bidder has 74% activity with a ton of bids.

I'll admit - I won something from him last night, but the price was actually pretty good on it.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I thought something was fishy about this guys auctions as well. I was following quite a few and several seemed to get out of hand. The patch faking part is upsetting though, what a shame. Just another seller to avoid.

Members online

Latest posts