Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Going prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
What's an expected sale price on orange or gold refractor of a noname scrub?

I'm guessing $10-15 the year of release, and $5-10 a few years down the road?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
What's an expected sale price on orange or gold refractor of a noname scrub?
I'm guessing $10-15 the year of release, and $5-10 a few years down the road?
Be more specific.
Orange and gold refractors are in Bowman, Bowman Chrome, Topps, Finest, Leaf products, etc, etc.
Prospects? Veterans?
Unsigned refractors? Autographed?
And if you want to find out the real value, just check completed eBay auctions.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Subscribing to this thread, interested to hear people's thoughts.

I'm thinking mostly prospect Gold/Orange Refs from Bowman Chrome and also non-star veteran Orange/Gold Refs from Bowman Chrome.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
As a collector I wouldn't pay more than $5 shipped for a total scrub Gold or Orange Refractor out of Bowman Chrome. We're talking minor leaguers that never made it and are out of baseball, or common players that nobody collects. I've picked up many A's Gold Refractors for $2-4 shipped, though my success at getting Oranges below $5 is more limited so I suspect the actual market value may be slightly above $5.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
That's what I'm talking 'bout ... Bowman Chrome (any kind). Should I expect to get/pay more than $10 for a total scrub?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Interesting thought processes here.

Under normal circumstances price fluctuates based on set collector interest of the specific set (that's YEAR and set) but I don't think set collectors are into the Bowman sets as much.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Finding them is always tough. A lot of guys would rather hold them in a box for 4-5 years in hopes of a late bloomer or hot start than bothering to list them at all. So supply is always an issue regardless of perceived potential

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Finding them is always tough. A lot of guys would rather hold them in a box for 4-5 years in hopes of a late bloomer or hot start than bothering to list them at all. So supply is always an issue regardless of perceived potential

This is what makes this an interesting topic IMO. Normally if there were 10 of them out there, then I don't know why anyone would pay more than a couple bucks for a scrub. But someone is always collecting a set, team, player, etc. and when there are only one or two readily available, is someone willing to pay $5-$10 for a $2 card #/25 to make sure they secure it?

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
I buy scrub low #d cards (or, rather, pro scrubs. They weren't scrubs in college). I tend to overpay because they come up for sale/auction so infrequently.

I mean, two of the Supers I'm most in search of are guys that have retired from baseball, one with never getting above short season A ball.

Latest posts