Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you still collect your PC player if they were traded to another team?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I prefer "Franchise Players". I have always collected Bagwell, and if he had gone to another team, well thankfully that never happened and I never had to choose. But I also side collected Biggio, Berkman, Oswalt, and others... But once they left, so did my interest in their cards (except Biggio). But it made it simple then. Just Bagwell now.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Yes depending on how long I have been collecting them. After around 3 years, I like the player too much to stop collecting them.

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
Yes i would because there the same players just on different teams. I also bet that [MENTION=3743]55_marlins_sp[/MENTION] would never ever ever give up his Josh Johnson collection .

If he did, the world going to end!

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I give up when a player leaves a team. I only pc Colts players... so as an example, Peyton Manning left... I'm done buying Manning, even if the card is in a Colts uniform.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
I'm a Rays fan and collect BJ Upton. Now that Upton is leaving I'm not sure If I will pick up his future releases. It might depend on where he ends up. I will however keep collecting the cards I need of him in the current Rays uniform.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
There are quite a few collectors that collect a player on only a certain team. Look at Ken Griffey Jr. for example. His Mariners uniform cards tend to sell higher than his Reds and (obviously) White Sox cards.

As for me with Felix Hernandez, if/when he ever moves on I would continue to collect him but only in Mariners uniform (hometown)...I would most likely go after a few multi player stuff though depending on who is on it.

105982683_crop_650x440.jpg
:cool:

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I will more than likely stop collecting Josh Hamilton as a Ranger fan I predominantly collected his Ranger autos, but also have a good amount of Rays and Reds cards. I will sell those first and keep a few of my nicer Ranger cards. I also collect other Rangers but not as heavily. May start collecting Profar (have a BC Blue and 3 BGS 9.5 Refractor Autos sold some while the selling was good) and Gallo BC Autos to take his place. The hard part of being a Ranger fan the last few years is you knew Hamilton was going to command more money than Texas wants to pay and you never know which prospect was going to be dealt during the season.
I have sold off former Rangers and Cowboys in the past.

This is also the reason I diversified what and how I collect prospects and BC PSA autos that way I'm not attached if they get hot or tank. Also got rid of most of my football SP authentic autos because most of them I overpaid for do to player injuries this year.

Members online