Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

********* Saturday Morning Thread ******* 8/31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning boys. At home and taking it easy today. Recovering from a emergency angiogram.z(cardiac catheterization) Cardiologist yesterday base on some numbers and my recent past history, he thought it was best to look inside the heart and the arteries surrounding the heart. Well everything turned out fine and nothing looked to out of place for a
50 year old kid and is packing about 20-30 more then I should have on me.
I have to not lift anything over 5 lbs with my right hand until Friday since they went in thru my right wrist.Today the area is really sore and my hand and wrist is blue. But that is from the sterilization medicine they used to prep the skin to insert the catheter to look in to my heart.

So now it is on to the lungs next since the heart is definitely not the issue.
Chest x-ray confirmed that I don't seem to us my lung or lungs correctly at times. I have to go see a pulmonologist since they think I have a Pulmonary Edema http://www.medicinenet.com/pulmonary_edema/article.htm

I do take Aspirin and have some high blood pressure issues as well. Also work in a hot dusty (sometimes) area too.

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Morning boys. At home and taking it easy today. Recovering from a emergency angogram. Cardiologist yesterday base on some numbers and my recent past history, he thought it was best to look inside the heart and the arteries surrounding the heart. Well everything turned out fine and nothing looked to out of place for a
I have to not lift anything over 5 lbs with my right hand until Friday since they went izn thru my right wrist.Today the area is really sore and my hand and wrist is blue. But that is from the sterilization medicine they used to prep the skin to insert the cath to look in to ky heart.

Chest x-ray comfirmed thatvI don't seem to us my lung or lungs correctly at times. I have to go see a pulmologist

Take it easy, watch some college football and have a speedy recovery.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Been an strange morning got up to early and I was bored. So I drove around for an hour from Ft Worth, Hurst to Arlington. So from 9-10 I drive around for Nothing! I wanted to check out a couple of card shops&comic shops i hadn't been to in awhile but they open at 11 on Saturday and one was closed for inventory for the weekend. I didn't want to wait for them to open so went from store to store.
Wasn't meant to be so I went to the Library which has a kickbutt selection of CDs and Blu Rays so I saved money and am entertained.

I have the Internet why didn't I plan this better I thought but that was supposed to be part of the spontaneity. Had to be home by 12 so I could watch some college football.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Good morning. Ugh, another one i should rescan. Just doesnt pop.

1999 Topps Stars 'N Steel 43.jpg
Those are nice cards.

I find myself making sure Bagwell is in the set of each card I post - partially to see the cool Bagwell cards you'll post, but maybe to see if I will ever stump you. At some point i'm going to run out of different sets to post. Something tells me that our collections have a ton of overlap...

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
It seems everyone and theirs kids have some kind of box break going on eBay right now. Some are ok deals and others are just plain to much risk involved. I have done 4 from 4 different people. For me the price was ok but I did not hit anything to give a $hit about though. I would buy from the ones I have gotten in on, but most of the ones that come up on my recommended items seems they have way to much inherit risk too.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
About to head to work, finished counting Topps and Im through 86 on Donruss. Total current card count is 53,010

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Morning boys. At home and taking it easy today. Recovering from a emergency angiogram.z(cardiac catheterization) Cardiologist yesterday base on some numbers and my recent past history, he thought it was best to look inside the heart and the arteries surrounding the heart. Well everything turned out fine and nothing looked to out of place for a
I have to not lift anything over 5 lbs with my right hand until Friday since they went in thru my right wrist.Today the area is really sore and my hand and wrist is blue. But that is from the sterilization medicine they used to prep the skin to insert the catheter to look in to my heart.

Chest x-ray confirmed that I don't seem to us my lung or lungs correctly at times. I have to go see a pulmonologist since they think I have a Pulmonary Edema Pulmonary Edema Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment - MedicineNet

I do take Aspirin and have some high blood pressure issues as well. Also work in a hot dusty (sometimes) area too.

I'm glad test #1 was successful Richard, now good luck for good news on test #2 !

Been an strange morning got up to early and I was bored. So I drove around for an hour from Ft Worth, Hurst to Arlington. So from 9-10 I drive around for Nothing! I wanted to check out a couple of card shops&comic shops i hadn't been to in awhile but they open at 11 on Saturday and one was closed for inventory for the weekend. I didn't want to wait for them to open so went from store to store.
Wasn't meant to be so I went to the Library which has a kickbutt selection of CDs and Blu Rays so I saved money and am entertained.

I have the Internet why didn't I plan this better I thought but that was supposed to be part of the spontaneity. Had to be home by 12 so I could watch some college football.

Music, movies and sports on a Saturday...sounds like a good day so far!

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
I got Wisconsin on the main BTN network, Illinois on the alternate, and my Huskers playing in primetime
:D
Family BBQ tomorrow night

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Some more rain here right now.
If you look on Weather.com, find Panama City, you'll see that the cloud is centered right over my house.:(
Richard - Hoping they figure out the problem and prescribe a big dose of cardboard with baseball players on it to fix you up.:D

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

Chest x-ray confirmed that I don't seem to us my lung or lungs correctly at times. I have to go see a pulmonologist since they think I have a Pulmonary Edema http://www.medicinenet.com/pulmonary_edema/article.htm

Damn son. Prayers and hope for a speedy recover Richard.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Went out and mowed the yard at 11 this morning. Didn't think it was all that hot, but mostly humid. After I got done I checked the temp and it was 100. Ouch. Hate Kansas sometimes.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
*sigh...

I can't say I'm "upset." We clearly didn't deserve to keep him here. That said, I'm kinda sad.

Not to mention, Leonhardt is on the bubble to make the Raiders roster. I think I may just go to bed for a few hours...

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
How exactly do Topps online redemption cards work? Is there a code on the card? Do you get to keep the redemption card?

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
How exactly do Topps online redemption cards work? Is there a code on the card? Do you get to keep the redemption card?

Scratch off the back to reveal the code. Enter the code on the redemption site. Wait 6-18 months for whatever they replace it with because they couldn't get your guy to sign. That about sums it up :)

Yes, you keep the card.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Scratch off the back to reveal the code. Enter the code on the redemption site. Wait 6-18 months for whatever they replace it with because they couldn't get your guy to sign. That about sums it up :)

Yes, you keep the card.

Thanks for the answer, at least I get to keep the redemption card. I'm just going to have to get two so I can have one unscratched. Dawson should be a pretty reliable signer, hopefully I won't have any problems with Topps although I have read many a horror stories on here about other people's experiences with them.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Thanks for the answer, at least I get to keep the redemption card. I'm just going to have to get two so I can have one unscratched. Dawson should be a pretty reliable signer, hopefully I won't have any problems with Topps although I have read many a horror stories on here about other people's experiences with them.

Just color it back in with a silver crayon :)

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
View from tonights hotel
[MENTION=2026]tramers[/MENTION]

Attachments

• 1377989439907.jpg
    1377989439907.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.