Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What Positive Impact Do You Provide This Board?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Pinocchio_Who_Me-T-link.jpg

[h=2]"Surely I Jest":oops:[/h]

:)

Was not referring to you, just saying I like the idea but when people start talking about themselves things can get awkward fast.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I think a thread that discusses the good people do is a nice idea but why not have people mention the good that others have done instead. No need for anyone to talk about themselves and this can allow people to thank those who have made this boards a great place.

I actually started the thread as a rhetorical question.

Notice I purposely didn't answer.

As administration wants to tighten the reigns, I thought it'd be a good time to reflect on what exactly each of us do for the community.

A_Pharis

I am a frequent promoter of the site, though the only bite I've had is [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] - though he's becoming quite the member.

Behind the scenes, I spend probably more time than any one staffer should doing things like checking for proxy IPs, dupe accounts and checking internet footprints for people that get reported.
Though I get called "bad cop" a ton - I do care about FCB and try to protect it.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
[MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION] provides more information on prospects than Baseball America
[MENTION=2002]Topnotchsy[/MENTION] is the go to guy when it comes to established star Chrome Auto trends. Seems like he's ahead of the curve all the time.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
[MENTION=1816]All In Cards[/MENTION] - Best casebreaker on a forum around. I would never have thought I would ever have wax busted not by myself, and he knocks it out of the park deal wise, music wise, shipping wise and all around genuine wise.

[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] - The style of contests (not to mention the prizes) are some of the best I have ever been involved with. It is crazy how much those contests contributes to the fun I have during the baseball and fantasy baseball season.

[MENTION=2223]matfanofold[/MENTION] - The lighter side of FCB thread is one I frequent the most on a daily level. I can also say my wife has enjoyed quite a few of those .gifs as well.

As I am typing this, it really makes me think of how many great members and friends we have around here. Way too many to list, and I would hope those I am talking about know who they are :)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Me! Come on really everyone has seen my posts and knew I contribute nothing worth any value what so ever. Only that I'm on here about 6-8 hours a day and seem to have something to say on something someone posted almost every time.

Just like now :lol:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm on alot 'cuz of my crappy job allowing me time to do it.

I hope I add some info from a Retailer's perspective. Or for info about stuff in the Philly area, especially SE PA.

And, if necessary to unite with other Members to keep Dave from ever posting those Videos again EVER...

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I am a frequent promoter of the site, though the only bite I've had is @Hawk8 - though he's becoming quite the member.

Behind the scenes, I spend probably more time than any one staffer should doing things like checking for proxy IPs, dupe accounts and checking internet footprints for people that get reported.
Though I get called "bad cop" a ton - I do care about FCB and try to protect it.

I am so happy that Adam turned me onto this site. I was driving through town with my son and just happened to see a card show sign on the side of the road. When my son and I got done playing disc golf we stopped by and I spoke briefly with Adam and he mentioned he knew a big Andre Dawson fan. I returned to the show at least two more times to show him some of my Dawson collection and we must have talked for at least an hour. I had been out of the card business for about 7 years and between my son being interested in cards for the first time and talking to Adam, my hobby interested sparked once again. I have since started getting my Dawson collection in order and finally cleaning out the man cave and have met many awesome people on here. Thanks Adam!

Members online