Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did you recently join? Use this thread to say hi!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dacardcollector55

Apr 28, 2013
Hey I have recently joined and cgilmo is a great person to work with by chatting. He introduced me to how to use this website and I have got the hang of it now. Thanks alot cgilmo :)

beckertm

May 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi everybody,
I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi. I collected when I was a kid- during the dreaded late 80s and early 90s. I am a die-hard STL Cardinals fan and my collecting centered around Cardinal cards with an emphasis on Ozzie Smith. I stopped collecting when the strike of 94 happened and have just rediscovered my collection. Now I find my interests still involve the Cardinals and definitely Ozzie Smith, but centered more around rarities, memorabilia, and what people are calling 'oddball' cards and such. I'm amazed at how many cards of Ozzie have come out since he retired - and are still coming out... it can drive a collector crazy, but I still get excited when I see a card I don't have. I haven't been able to find a local card shop where I am at, so I've been scouring the 'ebays' for items. I just found Zistle to help organize my collection and it looks like it is going to be quite a journey to log everything in.

Anyway, I'll be checking the forums regularly and if you need anything, drop me a line. I have a pretty good collection of things other than Cardinals and I'll help fill sets if I can...
cheers
beckertm

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Hello everyone. I am BenG76 on several different forums. Found my way over here when someone mentioned this forum on CU Forums. I mainly collect Chicago Cubs at the moment but I also have a small PC of Ken Griffey Jr. I like PSA graded cards but I also collect ungraded cards as well. For graded stuff I am currently working on a 76 Topps set graded 8 or better. I am also doing a couple 70's Cubs team sets graded as well. One set I am almost done with is 1991 Fleer Ultra Gold. I have 8 of the 10 cards graded gem mint 10. I still need Bo Jackson and Ramon Martinez. I think I will have to send some of those in myself to be graded to finish the set. I am working on Cubs team sets from Topps as well. I have 78 to the present almost done. I will post a list of what I am looking for soon. Lastly I have been considering starting a PC of other Cubs players. I do have a decent sized PC of Starlin Castro but I have been considering starting one of Sandberg, Grace or Sosa. Sorry for the long winded post.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
What's up peeps! Some of you already know me, but yes I am a new booty. I have been collecting since age 9, I'm 34 now so it's a bit serious. My collection is pretty much all over the place and I'm trying to sort it all out. But I'm mostly a Yankees crack head.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Hello everyone. I am BenG76 on several different forums. Found my way over here when someone mentioned this forum on CU Forums. I mainly collect Chicago Cubs at the moment but I also have a small PC of Ken Griffey Jr. I like PSA graded cards but I also collect ungraded cards as well. For graded stuff I am currently working on a 76 Topps set graded 8 or better. I am also doing a couple 70's Cubs team sets graded as well. One set I am almost done with is 1991 Fleer Ultra Gold. I have 8 of the 10 cards graded gem mint 10. I still need Bo Jackson and Ramon Martinez. I think I will have to send some of those in myself to be graded to finish the set. I am working on Cubs team sets from Topps as well. I have 78 to the present almost done. I will post a list of what I am looking for soon. Lastly I have been considering starting a PC of other Cubs players. I do have a decent sized PC of Starlin Castro but I have been considering starting one of Sandberg, Grace or Sosa. Sorry for the long winded post.

Welcome to the both of you. BenG76, am I right in assuming you're from the Chicago area? If so, what area?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Welcome to the both of you. BenG76, am I right in assuming you're from the Chicago area? If so, what area?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Actually I live in VA and I have only been to Chicago twice. I have just been a Cubs fan since back in the 90's. I always liked some of the players. Plus a ton of the games were on WGN BITD.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008

Welcome. And I would highly recommend not going after Sandberg. ;)

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Actually I live in VA and I have only been to Chicago twice. I have just been a Cubs fan since back in the 90's. I always liked some of the players. Plus a ton of the games were on WGN BITD.

I'm from Chicago's north burbs originally, but I've recently transplanted to your neck of the woods sorta (Baltimore). But I'm a die hard White Sox fan, and as such, it's one of my responsibilities to hate the Cubs as much as I hate the rest of the AL Central. I will admit that the late 80's/early 90's Cubs were a fun group, though (Dawson, Sandberg, Dunston, Grace, Vance Law, Berryhill, Durham, etc.) They really were the loveable losers back then. Nowadays they're just losers ;) (haha...just a little friendly trash talk)

Anyway, if you're a Cubs fan and you haven't been to Chicago all that much, this might be a great your for you to attend the National. Can catch a Cubs game while you're in town and maybe get some IP autos.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I'm from Chicago's north burbs originally, but I've recently transplanted to your neck of the woods sorta (Baltimore). But I'm a die hard White Sox fan, and as such, it's one of my responsibilities to hate the Cubs as much as I hate the rest of the AL Central. I will admit that the late 80's/early 90's Cubs were a fun group, though (Dawson, Sandberg, Dunston, Grace, Vance Law, Berryhill, Durham, etc.) They really were the loveable losers back then. Nowadays they're just losers ;) (haha...just a little friendly trash talk)

Anyway, if you're a Cubs fan and you haven't been to Chicago all that much, this might be a great your for you to attend the National. Can catch a Cubs game while you're in town and maybe get some IP autos.

I really wish I could go up there. Finances just are not going to allow it. I should have went last year at Baltimore since that's only 6-7 hours away. I would love to go see a Cubs game one day. I may go see them when they play the Braves sometime since that's closer.

Kmccall93

May 9, 2013
Another new member from Georgia. I collect University of Georgia players, Braves, Falcons, Pittsburgh Steelers. I especially focus on Hines Ward, Champ Bailey, Jessie Tuggle, Junior Seau, Nolan Ryan, John Smoltz, Dikembe Mutumbo.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Another new member from Georgia. I collect University of Georgia players, Braves, Falcons, Pittsburgh Steelers. I especially focus on Hines Ward, Champ Bailey, Jessie Tuggle, Junior Seau, Nolan Ryan, John Smoltz, Dikembe Mutumbo.

Welcome. I grew up in south GA. Well through high school anyways. My Dad still lives down there.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA

welcome, did your way here from Gilmore's store?

Members online

Latest posts