Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Autographed baseballs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tywill555

Jan 2, 2013
Hey guys I got a weird question. What type of pen is best to get a baseball autographed with, or what type of pen you prefer?
Thanks!

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
bic ball point blue

bic.jpg

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Definitely ball point pen. Don't know if there's a specific brand that's better though. Never ever use a Sharpie or other type of marker because the ink will bleed into the leather over time.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Blue is better than black?

I think it's personal preference. Most people (myself included) think blue ink looks better. I also agree with [MENTION=3848]TBTwinsFan[/MENTION] that you should go with an official MLB baseball. Looks nice! If you can't get your hands on one, at least use a ball that's real leather and not that faux-leather stuff.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Black also tends to fade faster than the blue. It turns into a brownish, yellow color

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
No markers, no balls that say made in china. And not official league balls, those things are garbage. Real balls are like $12-$15 each.

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
Also only handle the ball when necessary and by the seems the oils from your hands will stain the ball and discolor it...

Members online