Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

June Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Happy to add this to my collection:

$_57.JPG

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Looks really clean except for a few small pin holes. Nice when a low grade looks so great.

buck724

Jul 22, 2010
Congrats on a great pickup! It's a beauty

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
One of the most underrated players of all-time in my opinion. Baseball-Reference has him as the 15th greatest hitter of all-time. Definitely a lot of home runs came off bats like this one.

$_57.JPG

Last edited:

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
One of the most underrated players of all-time in my opinion. Baseball-Reference has him as the 15th greatest hitter of all-time. Definitely a lot of home runs came off bats like this one.

$_57.JPG

That is my Dad's favorite player of all time and a fantastic card!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Knock on wood, by the end of the day I should own this. Just shooting the **** with the seller right now.
2evvklf.jpg

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Knock on wood, by the end of the day I should own this. Just shooting the **** with the seller right now.
2evvklf.jpg

Whoa! Do you realize that this could be the knob of the bat with which he hit a walk-off grand slam against the Mets on Mother's Day (May 13, 2012)?! Unless he normally dyes his bat knobs pink, this knob should be one of two pink bats he had made for him by Louisville Slugger on 4/20/12 for the 5/13/12 Mother's Day game. Of course he could have broken one of the two pink bats earlier in the game but you'd be hard-pressed to find an identifiable knob with a better possible back story. You should try to track down video of the game to track his bat usage.

Check out this article about him using the pink bat. Everything points to this being from the bat.
http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com...tebook_id=31172044&vkey=notebook_mia&c_id=mia

Last edited:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Whoa! Do you realize that this could be the knob of the bat with which he hit a walk-off grand slam against the Mets on Mother's Day (May 13, 2012)?! Unless he normally dyes his bat knobs pink, this knob should be one of two pink bats he had made for him by Louisville Slugger on 4/20/12 for the 5/13/12 Mother's Day game. Of course he could have broken one of the two pink bats earlier in the game but you'd be hard-pressed to find an identifiable knob with a better possible back story. You should try to track down video of the game to track his bat usage.

Check out this article about him using the pink bat. Everything points to this being from the bat.
http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com...tebook_id=31172044&vkey=notebook_mia&c_id=mia

You're correct. Ironically, I got outbid when it came up on MLB Auctions two years ago...by Topps.

Thought I'd be able to get it for $600, which is double what the last Stanton knob went for. Seller has a $785 offer from Taiwan, which means I'd probably never see it again. Trying to figure out if I can go $800. That's WAY overpaying, but whatever. He's my favorite player, and my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. It's also my favorite Stanton highlight

heres the vid: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hsgyKxQhWK0

Members online